• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Goggles?

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
I'm heading to FoD next week for the first time and probably gonna try some black trails (I feel very comfortable on every blue/red I've been on so far).
Getting a full face seemed like a no brainer so I've picked up a Fox Proframe which feels great but now I'm wondering if I should have goggles as well?
I always wear cycling glasses with my open face so for the same reasons I guess I should wear goggles is that right?
If so can anyone recommend some?

Last edited:

AlwaysOff

Patreon
Oct 22, 2018
Rame Peninsula, Cornwall
The Fox Air Space googles are designed to work with the Pro Frame - i have a set and they work well, in as much as they don't give me any noticeable issues.

https://uk.foxracing.com/air-space-enduro/09951.html

I also have some Melon goggles which are great value and also fit with the helmet

https://www.melonoptics.co.uk/shop/parker-mtb-mx-goggles/
Is the chrome lens a lot darker than the clear? So if you went into a wooded area on a overcast day could they be too dark?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've just bought some 100% Accuri goggles in the CRC Black Friday sale, £21. I'm too tight to pay for next day delivery so they won't be here in time for this weekend.
I normally wear Bolle safety glasses, but forgot my contact lenses last weekend which was a mare in the conditions. I figured goggles will be easier to keep clear than prescription specs.

I'm heading to FoD next week for the first time and probably gonna try some black trails
Err, what black trails? The only marked trails are the Freeminers (Red) and Verderers (Blue). There's loads of unmarked stuff, but you'll struggle to find most of it.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Ah, the DH tracks. They are quite a big step up from the trails. Have fun.

There's a video somewhere on here of our glorious leader binning it on wet roots just after the start of Sheepskull... :ROFLMAO:

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
@AlwaysOff hey up dude for low light you could try yellow they are good for flat low light conditions. They also improve contrast and definition on the trails. I called them my happy day lens because even on the dullest of days it appears bright and sunny ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Is the chrome lens a lot darker than the clear? So if you went into a wooded area on a overcast day could they be too dark?

I only use the clear lenses, I have ridden the red lenses on the Melons and they are actually quite good in the trees of sunlight gets through, but most of my riding is very shaded so tend to just use the clear lenses.

I always use goggles with my FF helmets

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
The dh tracks are fun. Take it easy and don't crank to hard on launchpad, sheepskull is nice, ski run is OK. Y2k and elephant man are really good.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I've not ridden in a couple of weeks, but it was slippy then and its rained a lot since. The tracks are all steep so drain well thou.

Run relatively low pressure and relax when the bike slides and you'll be ok.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles