• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Go Pro

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
I have just been looking at the Go Pro 7 system after watching some really good videos on here and would like to know 1 or 2 things

1 Are they easy to use (i am not to good with technology) ?

2 Do you get the mounts and the stuff you need with it or are these extras.?

3 Are they worth the money ?

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
I have just been looking at the Go Pro 7 system after watching some really good videos on here and would like to know 1 or 2 things

Answers:
1. Not easy to use, but once set up it is cake.
2. Some mounts come with it. If you want a Chesty mount, that is extra, but not much extra.
3. The Black is well worth it IMO for the enhanced image stabilazation.
4. Buy an extra charger and battery (or two), and a large recommended SD card. I bought a 100gig SD card.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK

Hi Rawry I’m no expert but am an owner...

1. It’s relative, obviously but if you can use a smart phone you can use a GoPro.

2. Extra

3. Yes, if you’re going to use it

However, with respect, by the questions you’re asking, I think you need to do some more research before making your mind up.

There’s quite a bit to it if you want the best out of it but the real decision maker is what are you going to do with the footage? Processing needs a good computer, software and lots of storage as well as time.

There’s plenty on here already - just search for GoPro hero 7

Good luck!

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Answers:
1. Not easy to use, but once set up it is cake.
2. Some mounts come with it. If you want a Chesty mount, that is extra, but not much extra.
3. The Black is well worth it IMO for the enhanced image stabilazation.
4. Buy an extra charger and battery (or two), and a large recommended SD card. I bought a 100gig SD card.

Sorry, just seen this when I replied...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
1. It’s relative, obviously but if you can use a smart phone you can use a GoPro.

Ah... This explains why I shot 4 fast runs down enduro tracks today and uploaded them to find they'd been shot in bloody timelaps or somthing..
mumble mumble technology mumble

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Ah... This explains why I shot 4 fast runs down enduro tracks today and uploaded them to find they'd been shot in bloody timelaps or somthing..
mumble mumble technology mumble
This was my first weekend out with the Hero 7 Black, I put my old setup on @Moonballs just for comparisons sake. I've found that they both have there pros and cons.

my personal opinion is that the Hero 4 audio is unbeatable, The hero 4 also outperforms the 7 in lowlight situations and on technical riding that doesn't include too many turns.

The hero 7 tends to capture some footage that the 4 would as its mounted to my head and therefore gets what I'm looking at, corners are also better. Hypersmooth isn't too bad in open spaces with decent light but I think I still prefer the footage from the 4. obviously the 7 is much easier to use on the trail being a 1 button to turn on record.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles