Glentress (Scottish borders) Sunday May 19th CANCELLED/POSTPONED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Glentress (Scottish borders. Nr Peebles)
Sunday May 19th
12:00pm start

372_glentress.jpg

First try at arranging a regular Scottish Emtb group meet up/ride.
Glentress being our longest running most popular trail centre would seem to be the best venue for the first ride.
Everything you could want is there on site. Plenty parking. toilets/changing/showers. Bikewash, Cafe. Bike shop/hire. Accomodation and more great quality all weather trails than you can shake a stick at.
If you haven't been Glentress there's everything from family/beginner friendly green/blue routes to fun red/black trails to freeride (jumps n drops) to more natural and handbuilt non waymarked enduro style trails. Even the tamest trails are fun for an experienced rider (just go faster ;) ) so the route chosen can easily be tailored to fit every ability of rider. I'm actually a fully qualified guide, cycle mechanic and first aider BTW
Distance will probably be somewhere around 15 miles with 3500ft of elevation so one battery should do if you're economical with the assist levels.

info
Glentress Forest Mountain Biking
Glentress 7stanes, near Peebles – Mountain biking
Map
Google Maps

Everyone is welcome.

Introduce yourself/Add a comment below if interested

Last edited:

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Hey! I have been looking forward to a emtb meet up, my son has a wee XC race on the 19th and 26th so I will miss this one unfortunately. If there us another possible date then I will have there.

damo

Patreon
Dec 9, 2018
Norfolk
I love Glentress. If I wasn't working away in May I'd drive the 6 hrs from home for it. Maybe next time.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry guys I've a family commitment and can't make it. Maybe next time. Have a good ride
No worries Andy. Catch up with you soon.

Thought I would bump this to see who is going?
From the replies I don't think anyone is.

I'm going to cancel it.

If we can come up with a date that suits at least a few of us i'll re-arrange for then.

I'll still be down at Glentress or Innerleithen anyway so if anyone want to join me leave a reply below (or PM me)

DAZ1925

Nov 7, 2018
UK
Only just seen this, I'd have loved to join you guys again for this trip. I've only done Glentress once before and the was on an acoustic bike.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Was going to go but will be heading to dunkeld with a few of the guys and we will be on clockwork bikes. Will be there just before 9.30am at the train station car park.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles