Glad I listened to the users here!

cjm_wales

Mar 19, 2019
Cardiff
I've had my VR for almost 7 weeks now.

I was 'lucky' enough to get laid off from my old job within a few days of the purchase, so I've had plenty of time to ride - just over 215km showing so far.

The only problems I've hit (apart from the paint finish) have been the battery disconnecting - fixed by adjusting the upper retaining bracket (Following forum advice!) and the dropper post cable snapped; it had been a poor fit from day one, and finally went at BPW last Thursday. Luckily the guys in the workshop showed me how to drop it manually & I left it dropped for the evening, before fixing it the next day.

Now I've properly adapted myself to the bike, I'm feeling rather smug that i didn't shell out another £1.5k + on a bigger brand name. It is a superb bike.

I'm also glad I followed @Gary's advice regarding going for a small.... at first I was worried it was the wrong choice after a few near misses on jumps, but then I realised the problem was my technique rather than the frame being too small. Same with cornering; the bike is so sensitive and responsive to inputs and weight positioning that bad habits show up straight away. I'm convinced it's made me a better rider.

In short: Great bike.

Hopefully I'll be getting lots more KMs covered before starting my new job on August 12th! Maybe even a day with a coach...

N1ck

Dec 10, 2018
UK
Brilliant bikes aren't they. I absolutely love mine. It's great downhill, and uphills are also fun. I also went one size smaller than normal (medium instead of large) and glad I did. I just love my bike, so much fun to ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles