Giant Trance E+3 Pro

Ropers101

Jun 18, 2019
Jersey
Hello everybody

I've been looking at buying my first EMTB for a while now and I think I've found the bike I'm going to order.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on buying the Giant Trance E+3 Pro but I'm wondering if anybody on here already has one who would like to share their experience with the bike.

I was looking at the Stance but for an extra 300 pounds I can get the Pro motor and the extra travel ect. Also if anybody has anymore images of the E+3 I am interested in seeing them.

Cheers!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Have you ridden it?
How many different emtbs have you ridden?
Are you aware of how the different motors feel when ridden on the trail?

I am aware that not everyone lives in a location that allows ANY, let alone easy access to variety of testing opportunities. But this is a big expenditure and it's worth taking a bit more time.

I have ridden the Trance and I didn't like how the Yamaha motor delivered the power, the display, and the number of power modes. Having ridden an emtb for a while now I may judge the Trance differently, maybe not. What I clearly remember is that the bike I chose in the end was only one of two that I felt totally at ease with when riding the trail. They both felt like a normal bike, but with me having a really good day. I wasn't thinking about what mode I was in or how noisy it was, I was just having a great time with both of them. But the other bike was really draggy after the cut off speed. The bike that I chose, my first 200 yards I rode without realising that the motor was off!

Moustache Samedi 7 vs Focus Jam2 6.8 Plus (both 2018 versions)

The bike I bought was the Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE

57 Reaction

May 27, 2019
United Kingdom
I bought the Trance E+3 Pro in January this year, I've done about 1200 miles on it.

I have no regrets and and think the bike is great value for money.

I have ridden Ebikes with Brose, Bosch and Shimano motors I think the Yamaha compares well.

I can pedal above the 15mph cutoff on the flat with no feeling of draggyness.

I recently did a 55 mile 4000ft ride around the Purbeck hills with friends on Merida, Scott and Cube Ebikes the Giant won hands down on battery life, I had 46% remaining, the others either had less remaining, changed battery or recharged at our pub lunch stop.

...............as ever pays yer money and takes yer choice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles