Giant Trance E+ 2019 Battery Alignment

Pumu90

Dec 19, 2019
Germany
Hey folks,

just got my "new" Trance E+1 2019 but the battery has some misalignment. Please see the pictures i attachted to this post. How can I adjust the position of the battery?

Thanks in adance! Michael

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_2810.JPG

IMG_6509.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

IMG_8799.JPG

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
With the battery out there are 3 hex bolts for the lock. Loosen those 3 and you can slide it to where you want it. I imagine you'll want to slide it up just a smidge to bring the battery tighter to the frame.

Those 2 security bolts in the picture will adjust the distance of lock to latch which is most likely fine unless you're having a tough time either dropping the battery out (too tight) or the battery has some movement (too loose)

Pumu90

Dec 19, 2019
Germany
With the battery out there are 3 hex bolts for the lock. Loosen those 3 and you can slide it to where you want it. I imagine you'll want to slide it up just a smidge to bring the battery tighter to the frame.

Those 2 security bolts in the picture will adjust the distance of lock to latch which is most likely fine unless you're having a tough time either dropping the battery out (too tight) or the battery has some movement (too loose)
Thanks for your reply. i just saw 2 bolts on the left (in direction of drive). Could you please take a picture and mark those bolts? Thanks in advance!

Pumu90

Dec 19, 2019
Germany
My dealer said thats a common problem with giant trance e+ bikes and "it looks like
that's still in tolerance"

What do you guys think?

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Hi Michael

Its not proper!

The upper bracket needs to be moved further into the frame. Its a pretty straight fwd adjustment. Takes about 20 mins

Joe :coffee:

Pumu90

Dec 19, 2019
Germany
Okay, it looks like the upper battery bracket is in the lowest possible position. What about the lock cylinder? Does it have enough space to move? or do I have to adjust the extra afterwards? Because it goes straight through the hole in the frame.

IMG_9098.JPG

IMG_1764.JPG

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
You'll want to slide it up a smidge as that will bring the battery in tighter with the frame. Looks way too clean... You need to go ride ?

Pumu90

Dec 19, 2019
Germany
I have now adjusted the lock and the battery is now properly seated. However, it is now extremely difficult to open the lock. The battery does not fall out by itself. I have to pull them out manually. I once read that the two small screws under the frame are there for this. Can someone describe the adjustment procedure here please? Thanks!

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Mine is very similar. Try adding some spray lube to the key lock.

My battery, most of time, takes a bit of effort to dislodge. When loading the battery, it takes 2 attempts to get the battery fully locked into place. If not, the battery drops out to the safety stop

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
I have now adjusted the lock and the battery is now properly seated. However, it is now extremely difficult to open the lock. The battery does not fall out by itself. I have to pull them out manually. I once read that the two small screws under the frame are there for this. Can someone describe the adjustment procedure here please? Thanks!

It's the same basic procedure. Loosen up the security torx bolts slide/adjust as appropriate. First try with the battery in, loosen the two bolts and "jiggle" it to let it settle into place then re-tighten.

If that doesn't work and with the security torx bolts loose does the battery drop as expected ? If not your previous adjustment is probably too tight.

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
My dealer said thats a common problem with giant trance e+ bikes and "it looks like
that's still in tolerance"

What do you guys think?
Your dealer is fobbing you off. Take it back and ask him to adjust it correctly. IMO your dealer needs to lift his customer services. We pay enough for our Giant's, and deserve good customer service.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
There is a bootleg manual being passed around this forum somewhere. I'll see if I cant find the link. Probably the most useful document since the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

There you have it. Save it before election night.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

My lock was stiff when new but a bit of oil made it better.

The rubber seals which go down the sides of the battery tend to make the battery stick to the frame, so you have to pull the battery quite hard to release it. I think some people mistake this for the lock or catch sticking.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles