Giant Trance E+2 pro Trance E+1 pro

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
first and foremost, the best wishes for 2019. This month, the event will finally start to purchase my first E-MTB. but for my own peace of mind, everyone is still content with Giant E-emtb? Trance E + 2 pro or Trance E + 1 pro? See the possible reactions.

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
first and foremost, the best wishes for 2019. This month, the event will finally start to purchase my first E-MTB. but for my own peace of mind, everyone is still content with Giant E-emtb? Trance E + 2 pro or Trance E + 1 pro? See the possible reactions.
I have a trance +0 sx 2019 and i just want to ride it everyday its that good :)

IMG_20190102_124946_709.jpg

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
I have the E+ 2 . Loving it so far. Great range, I have not managed to get battery below 40% so far. The power is so smooth and on point IMO. The suspension is so plush and was so easy to dial in. I was originally going for the Specialized Levo but after all of the talk of issues with motor noise, wiring issue, etc. I decided to go for the Giant and I'm really glad I did. Dollar for dollar the Giant has better spec components as well. My only complaints/concerns at this point is potential free hub issue and battery latch probably needs an adjustment. Both minor issues IMO. I think I still may like the look and color choices of the Levo a little better but looks are not what are most important to me. If I were buying again, I would still get the Giant.

Pieter

Nov 12, 2018
Netherlands
I have the E+ 2 . Loving it so far. Great range, I have not managed to get battery below 40% so far. The power is so smooth and on point IMO. The suspension is so plush and was so easy to dial in. I was originally going for the Specialized Levo but after all of the talk of issues with motor noise, wiring issue, etc. I decided to go for the Giant and I'm really glad I did. Dollar for dollar the Giant has better spec components as well. My only complaints/concerns at this point is potential free hub issue and battery latch probably needs an adjustment. Both minor issues IMO. I think I still may like the look and color choices of the Levo a little better but looks are not what are most important to me. If I were buying again, I would still get the Giant.
thank you for your feedback, to hear that the Giant pleases you!

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I have the E +1 and love it, no issues so far. As people have mentioned it is a great spec for the money. The Yamaha motor has good power. I changed the seat as the stock one was just too hard after 20kms or so, will also be getting 30 or 40mm riser bars.
Worth noting that some folks are having issues with the rear hub which may or may not be Asia Pacific region specific (still to be confirmed).

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hi Guy's
Hub failure on mine this weekend!
I bought it in October last year and ride every sunday and have done probably 400km give or take 20 or so! All on trails like Sherwood pines Cannock chase llandegla and Dalby.
The bike is always cleaned and lubbed after every ride(seem to spend more time cleaning than riding, uk weather for you).
I'll be taking it in this week for inspection!

I'll keep you posted on events as they unfold lol
?

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hey Guy's
Quick update on my Trance E+1 pro freehub issue.
I collected the bike from Giant Lincoln last friday, with a new freehub and Ride Control One controller fitted.
All good on sunday morning until I dropped down the gears into the 11 tooth ring only to discover that the 11 tooth ring has been istalled on a slight angle and so the cap that holds the cassette on is now cross threaded and at an angle! I've spoken to the store and will have to drop it in again to get it sorted!
Not a happy camper by any means.
Also I found that there is now play in the front wheel bearings, after only 6 months! Not good.

The ride control seems to be working ok now as does the freehub, for now!
I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers
Shaun

20190409_123926.jpg

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Anyone else done approx 400km and had front bearing play?
I know that bearings are not normally covered under warranty, but less than 400km and they have play in them! Not ideal.

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Hey Guy's
I collected the bike from Giant Lincoln last friday, with a new freehub and Ride Control One controller fitted.
All good on sunday morning until I dropped down the gears into the 11 tooth ring only to discover that the 11 tooth ring has been istalled on a slight angle and so the cap that holds the cassette on is now cross threaded and at an angle! I've spoken to the store and will have to drop it in again to get it sorted!
Also I found that there is now play in the front wheel bearings, after only 6 months! Not good.

Hope you get sorted mate its crap having to take your bike back all the time isn't it . Yea them control units are plagued with problems think they are on a mk 4 model now.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hi Mikey1984
You're not wrong mate, it sucks.
Its a shame because when the bikes working I love it, great bike, so much fun.
Just a shame that there are issues(at least with mine lol).
I'll let you all know what happens regarding the front wheel bearings, but after 400km and lots of care and attention after every ride I wouldn't expect them to have play in them that quickly! Or am I just being unrealistic?

Cheers
Shaun

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Hi Mikey1984
You're not wrong mate, it sucks.
Its a shame because when the bikes working I love it, great bike, so much fun.
Just a shame that there are issues(at least with mine lol).
I'll let you all know what happens regarding the front wheel bearings, but after 400km and lots of care and attention after every ride I wouldn't expect them to have play in them that quickly! Or am I just being unrealistic?

Cheers
Shaun
Hi Shaun yea they are great bikes when they are working i had the sx pro 2019 and i loved it as its still the best bike iv owned for rough downhill sections the suspension setup was very nice . But it seemed like everytime i went for a ride it had to go back to the shop the next day . I must of had a bad egg i guess as i was getting really bad range and lots of problems with the control unit. But on the plus side my local bike shop is amazing so all was good.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Anyone else done approx 400km and had front bearing play?
I know that bearings are not normally covered under warranty, but less than 400km and they have play in them! Not ideal.

My rear hub bearings failed @ 300 k (2018 full e pro) , I wasn't interested in getting another crappy set put in so didn't bother chasing warranty.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
My rear hub bearings failed @ 300 k (2018 full e pro) , I wasn't interested in getting another crappy set put in so didn't bother chasing warranty.
Hey Pdoz
What did you do? Replace the wheels or iust bearings?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Hey Pdoz
What did you do? Replace the wheels or iust bearings?

Just the bearings - I was responding to your front bearing concerns

Ps - yes, I'm still watching the freewheel and wondering when it will die....1100 km and I'll pull it down today for another look / keep watching this thread to see if giant sorts out this mess

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hey Guy's
Quick update on my Trance E+1 Pro.
Got a call from the shop today, new bearings in the hubs front and rear, new freehub to fix the cross threaded one and another new ride control one unit installed too! Apparently the store had a delivery of the latest units so the shop fitted a new one whilst they had it.
Picking her up on friday, can't wait.
The Giant Doddington hall lincoln staff have been great throughout can't fault them really.
They have also said to ignore the giant website cleaning instructional video and have given me a bottle of the muc off dry shampoo to give that a try and said that maybe keeping the hose pipe away from it and see how it goes.
Works for me.
Will be taking her out for a blast this weekend hopefully she'll be as good as new.
?

Cowsie489

May 30, 2020
Perth
Hey Guy's

Cheers
Shaun

View attachment 12788
Hi Folks I had the same issue with my hub on Giant Stance E,also had issues with the controller ,slight water ingress .Took to dealer and they changed out no issues ,they said slightly upgradeded controler ans now pressure tested .Out in rain shower yesterday same issues ,will cut out and then turn straight back on again when you press control button .I pain in the Butt for sure .
Anyone had the same issues ?
Cheers Cowsie

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
Agree. My dad and two brothers owned a cycle shop for a total of 45 years.
Comparing the specifications for a 2019 Giant Trance E +1 pro with the equivalent spec'd 2019 Specialized, my brothers agreed 'more bang for your bucks' with the Giant, so I bought one. Cost was NZDS6,500.
Had the Giant over two years now, and the only issue was the Ride Control One unit which was replaced 3 times due to moisture getting in. A minor (but annoying) issue. All replaced under warranty.
Apart from routine maintenance costs, I have replaced two chains and two cassettes with total mileage to date 7900 kilometres. Still original tyre on front!!
Two riding companions have just purchased 2021 Specialized e-mtbs at NZD$17,000!
Nothing against Specialized, but if I have to replace my current Giant some day, it will bereplaced with a Giant.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles