Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro 2019 upgrade from RideControl ONE to Ridecontrol EVO.....Worth it?

POB

Nov 16, 2019
Norway
Hi all!
After having used my bike in the rain, the motor startet running without any pedal input. Also, the Ridecontrol ONE freezed, and I was not able to switch the bike off. My dealer says it is a well known problem that water gets inside the controller, creating these problems. I therefore get a new RideControl ONE for free, under warranty.

I asked my dealer if it's possible to upgrade the controller to RideControl EVO. They can do so, but it'll cost me $200. So now the question...is it worth it?
1. Will EVO give any big advantages compared to ONE?
2. I kind of like the minimalistic style of RideControl ONE on an MTB.... Less things that can break during a crash. Is the EVO tough enough to withstand some crashes?
3. Does anyone know if EVO is more resistant to water than ONE?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance!

POB

Clausguld

Mar 25, 2019
Denmark
I wondering if it’s possible to go the other way around and go from the RideControl evo to RideControl one. I would love the more minimalistic look

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
My neighbours Stance started exhibiting strange electronic behaviour a few days ago after a particularly wet ride. It seemed to dry out over the following day or so and is back to normal now. My Trance has, so far, been fine despite being out in the same conditions. I keep meaning to seal the RideControl cable entry point with some Vaseline.
As for the Evo vs One... I’d say stick with the One - I like it simples!

POB

Nov 16, 2019
Norway
I decided to just go for the Ride Control One. Simple, it does all I want, and less prone to breaking :)

POB

Nov 16, 2019
Norway
Have you ordered the 2020 ANT+ or the old '19 model?
Good question...had to check on the bike. The unit was replaced under warranty, and I got the ANT+ version of Ridecontrol One ?.
Obviously, I have never used the ANT+ functionality. Maybe I should ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles