Giant Trance E+1 Pro with Ridecontrol plus

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Hi Guy's and Gal's
I thought I'd update you all on the ridecontrol plus unit.
Firstly, it is real lol and not a prototype! As someone was told by their lbs!
Unfortunately you can't purchase in the UK at present(my lbs giant dealer tried to sell me a garmin and said the ridecontrol plus does not exist!)
So phone in hand I started to scour the web looking for info.
I have had major issues with the giant app so decided to take a gamble.
I purchased the Ridecontrol plus from
They are based in Germany and offer excellent service, I ordered on Saturday evening and it arrived Wednesday, Germany to UK!
I then ordered the new Ridecontrol one unit from
Again excellent service from Revel Outdoors, big thank you to Sarah for correcting my order mistake!
I asked my local Giant store for a price and they said £75 so at £59.99 and £6 for tracked delivery from Revel it was a no brainer!
Anyway they both arrived very quickly and I have now fitted them and they work a treat!
I now know how many miles the motor/bike has done fantastic.
The unit itself is quite small which suits me, very simple to connect and turns off automatically after 90 seconds of no signal being received.
Fitting is simple I'm using the mount that comes with it for now but may move to a stem cap mount in the future.
So basically if you have the 2019 emtbs you will need the new ant+ ridecontrol one unit (see link above) and of course the ridecontrol plus unit(link also above).
Hope this has helped to clear up the confusion.

Shaun
20200710_123301.jpg

IanVersion2

Jun 12, 2020
Stroud, Glos, UK
Well that's cool, but what an odd situation. I would wager that Giant have a better display unit in the works (to compare with Bosch Kiox) and don't want to promote that unit in certain markets.

Thanks for the link to the RideControl One too. For £60 I thinkn I might order a spare given the trouble they seem to cause! :mad: :)

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
Well that's cool, but what an odd situation. I would wager that Giant have a better display unit in the works (to compare with Bosch Kiox) and don't want to promote that unit in certain markets.

Thanks for the link to the RideControl One too. For £60 I thinkn I might order a spare given the trouble they seem to cause! :mad: :)
Hey Dude
You could be right there regarding the unit who knows lol
I got bored of trying to use the app, utter waste of time.
I've kept my old Ridecontrol one unit as a backup like you say they can be temperamental.

craigv

Jul 1, 2020
Melb.AU
So I have the same bike as you (2019 Trance e+ Pro 1) and recently have been through the wringer trying to get it to connect with my phone again after the app updated past version 1.4.2 (currently on 1.4.5).

In the linked discussion above, it's been suggested that Giant is bringing a new app to the iOS and G Play Stores that will solve connectivity issues. I'm not holding my breath.

Your post here is exactly what I've been looking for! If I understood your post correctly, there's a new RideControl module for this bike with an updated ANT+ circuit that is necessary for the Giant Ridecontrol Plus ANT+Lev module to work, right? I wonder whether other ANT+ devices would work with the updated module.

I'll take this info to my LBS in the hope they have some kind of dealer access to it here in Australia. (edit. Found it for sale on Giant Australia after finding it on the Canadian site then changing the /ca/ in the url to /au/. That'd probably work for us, eu, de, uk, etc. as well, at a guess).

Thanks for the info, it's gold!

Last edited:

Jansy123

Jun 10, 2020
New Zealand
Just ordered one for my 2020 Explore+ from Giant NZ let's see how it goes?

Rode a Merida last week (Shimano Steps unit) was quite impressed with it. Almost seemed to show Torque 'graph' / meter on the colour display based on your assist level selected. Pretty cool

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Just ordered one for my 2020 Explore+ from Giant NZ let's see how it goes?

Rode a Merida last week (Shimano Steps unit) was quite impressed with it. Almost seemed to show Torque 'graph' / meter on the colour display based on your assist level selected. Pretty cool

What price did they quote? Did you do it through your LBS?

SonicScott

May 9, 2020
South Devon
I’m a bit confused!
I thought that the RideControl Plus ANT & Lev computer was a direct replacement for the 2020 RideControl One?
I have a 2020 Trance E, does the RideControl Plus connect into the RideControl One or replace it?

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
What info is/can be displayed, and what is shown on a single screen (e.g. does it only show one thing at a time, or can it show more than one thing)

SonicScott

May 9, 2020
South Devon
It generally has just one item of information on the screen at one time but the speed is always shown and sometimes two, related, items are shown together.
Shows: speed, distance covered, remaining range, battery (both as a graph and as % remaining), power level, cadence, and can show heart rate with a suitable sender.
Only used it for about an hour so I may have missed something.

jank0s

Aug 16, 2020
Slovenia
I have a broken RideControl One bracket on my Giant Trance E+1 Pro 2019 and would to replace the RideControl (245-FLED28-01) unit. ANT+ would be a nice upgrade to feed my Garmin Fenix with eBike data. Does anyone know what is the difference between 245-FLED28-10 (MY20) and 245-FLED28-15 (MY21)? Is 245-FLED28-15 (MY21) compatible with 2019 Trance E+ at all? As far as i can see, both units are available for order through giantbikespares link from the first post.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
I have a broken RideControl One bracket on my Giant Trance E+1 Pro 2019 and would to replace the RideControl (245-FLED28-01) unit. ANT+ would be a nice upgrade to feed my Garmin Fenix with eBike data. Does anyone know what is the difference between 245-FLED28-10 (MY20) and 245-FLED28-15 (MY21)? Is 245-FLED28-15 (MY21) compatible with 2019 Trance E+ at all? As far as i can see, both units are available for order through giantbikespares link from the first post.
Hi
I broke the cheap and nasty bracket on my controller too so just bought the latest version which was the my20 version at the time, swaps straight over on the 2019 Trance E+1 pro.
Canbus connection so its a straight swap, you have to pull the little rubber bung out that hold the cables in the frame and then just unplug and swap over the controller.
Hope this helps

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles