Giant RideControl One bracket

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase the bracket that holds the RideControl One onto a handlebar for a 2020 Reign E+1?

Local bike shop broke the bracket when they were servicing my bike. Seems like a plastic piece, but not sure if it's available without the whole RideControl unit. Here is a pic.

20220424_142950.jpg

20220424_142344.jpg

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Anyone know if it's possible to purchase the bracket that holds the RideControl One onto a handlebar for a 2020 Reign E+1?

Local bike shop broke the bracket when they were servicing my bike. Seems like a plastic piece, but not sure if it's available without the whole RideControl unit. Here is a pic.

View attachment 86734

View attachment 86735
Hi, I believe it’s a one piece unit, so your LBS need to replace with new, fortunately these seem to be available

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
Yeah..it was one piece. The bike shop gave me the controller off a bike that had other issues, while they try and get me a new controller. It seems to work on my 2020 Reign E+1. I noticed the controller is from 2019, but it does have Ant+. Also, the serial number in the controller is from the old bike. Is there any way of changing the details in the controller? If I get a new one, how does it get programmed with my bike's serial?

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Yeah..it was one piece. The bike shop gave me the controller off a bike that had other issues, while they try and get me a new controller. It seems to work on my 2020 Reign E+1. I noticed the controller is from 2019, but it does have Ant+. Also, the serial number in the controller is from the old bike. Is there any way of changing the details in the controller? If I get a new one, how does it get programmed with my bike's serial?

I have a 2019 Trance and wanted Ant+ to pair with my Garmin, so last year I bought a 2020 RideOne controller (the first year that had Ant+), so if your controller has Ant+ it must be a 2020 or 2021 model.

My LBS fitted the new one and they said they just connected it and switched the bike on to connect it to the system; there was no programming involved.

There are lots of people who have had replacement RideOne controllers due to water ingress causing them to fail. There must be lots of people around that have their old controller still lying around and might be able to supply you with their old bracket.
It might be worth you posting about this in the Giant part of the forum.

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
Im no expert here but I believe the bike info is held in the "gateway module".
I had a motor and controller replaced and my bike milage/service history and other info was reset, so I don't know if its in the motor or controller. Either way I would assume it should be programmed at the dealer, im sure the forum boffins will have the answer

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
I have a 2019 Trance and wanted Ant+ to pair with my Garmin, so last year I bought a 2020 RideOne controller (the first year that had Ant+), so if your controller has Ant+ it must be a 2020 or 2021 model.

My LBS fitted the new one and they said they just connected it and switched the bike on to connect it to the system; there was no programming involved.

There are lots of people who have had replacement RideOne controllers due to water ingress causing them to fail. There must be lots of people around that have their old controller still lying around and might be able to supply you with their old bracket.
It might be work you posting about this in the Giant part of the forum.
Yeah.. I tried removing the bracket from the controller, but there is a very tiny pin that seems very hard to remove.

Maybe the controller associates with their bike automagically when it is first turned on, or maybe they didn't look. This one still had the serial# from the old bike in it, when I look in the Ride Control App.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Yeah.. I tried removing the bracket from the controller, but there is a very tiny pin that seems very hard to remove.

Maybe the controller associates with their bike automagically when it is first turned on, or maybe they didn't look. This one still had the serial# from the old bike in it, when I look in the Ride Control App.

The serial number belongs to the bike, not the controller, so if you fit a new controller all the old data, total bike mileage and settings, etc which were recorded by the old controller will still be there.

My new controller cost £60 and the LBS didn't charge for fitting it.

acrmnsm

Mar 20, 2020
UK
Hi, My bracket broke in the opposite place, on the controllor body not the half shell where yours broke. Do you want to sell me your old controller assembly as I can merge parts and make one good one?

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
So anyone know where I can get a controller? My lbs has had one on back order for a month now. Emailed Giant, no response so far.

I guess $6000 bike is only good for one season when you can't get parts.

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
Err. Actually. I did a lot of searching. I think I found one in Canada. We'll see if they ship it to me. Cost $100, but at least I'll be able to ride.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
So anyone know where I can get a controller? My lbs has had one on back order for a month now. Emailed Giant, no response so far.

I guess $6000 bike is only good for one season when you can't get parts.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Thanks. It looks like there are different units for 2022+ and 2019-2021. The one you linked seems to be the 2022+ version.

When I looked a few months ago they had 2 or 3 versions.
I wanted to upgrade my 2019 one for the 2020 one to get the Ant+ so I could get e-data on my Garmin.
I ended up getting one through my LBS.

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
When I looked a few months ago they had 2 or 3 versions.
I wanted to upgrade my 2019 one for the 2020 one to get the Ant+ so I could get e-data on my Garmin.
I ended up getting one through my LBS.
From what I understand, the -17 part number if for 2022.

If I looking for 2020 Trance/Reign E+, and it looks like the correct part is:
245-FLED28-10 or 245-FLED28-15

Not 100% sure on this though.

mogulman

Dec 7, 2021
Colorado
If anyone else runs into this issue, I have an extra Ridecontrol One controller since I purchased one and also have a warranty replacement. I have it on ebay, but would be willing to sell it for what I paid... $108+shipping, like $115 total.

ToughGuy

Dec 15, 2021
UK
My trance e ridecontrol snapped in exactly the same way, got replaced by dealer under warranty, two rides later and its snapped again... back to the dealer...

20220817_172720.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles