Giant ride control app not working

steve06

Feb 26, 2019
uk
Downloaded the Giant ride control app for my new trance sx pro but when i turn the bike on the app says its connected but the app turns straight off, my partners bike connects to the app and works with no problems, any ideas?

steve

Dorismorris

Nov 8, 2018
Llandod
Downloaded the Giant ride control app for my new trance sx pro but when i turn the bike on the app says its connected but the app turns straight off, my partners bike connects to the app and works with no problems, any ideas?

steve

Mine did this it’s the Bluetooth controller on the handlebars! Replaced under warranty and all works now ?

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Also worth checking... depending on what phone you use, I have a Samsung S9 and when it did a software update to Android Pie, the Giant app no longer worked for me, it would crash as soon as I tried to start a ride. Lots of people have commented on the Play Store reviews about this issue.

mik76ish

Dec 10, 2018
New Zealand
I have the same problem with our new Giant 2019 trance E+3 Pro E-,Bike Liv 2019 Intrigue E+ 2 Pro E Bike 1st time with my one+6 worked fine setting it up in the garage but won't connect now and my wife's LG G2 won't connect either. I also tried a iphone SE and that works perfect. (Please no iphone v android rants intended or needed} Very disappointed with Giant as this was one reason to get the new bikes as they don't have speedo's. So reverted back to Cateye wireless off our old bikes.

AriAAA

May 7, 2020
USA

steve
Hey,
Just got my Trance SX pro, love it. Not sure if your post is old and you git the answer already, but as I was looking for some answer just saw it.I had same issue, it asked me to "contact dealer", the app was crushing on me with my IPHONE. Saw I took my old samsung, loaded the app.
It connected and asked me to do an update to my firmware. So I did it, by pressing 5 sec on walkbike and plus on the bike. It will tel you what to do.
Few minutes later I was connected to my bike.
I took my iphone and tried and it was all good.
Good luck
Ari

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles