• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Giant Range issues

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Hello all ian having a problem with the range on my sx 0 pro thought it was me at first been new and not all that fit so while i have been off the bike the last few weeks my brother haven testing it for me, he is very fit and a top class rider who rides a focus now he has finished DH.
So he has run the full battery right down in turbo and got 13.8 miles climbing 2,500 feet, today he took it out with a fully charged battery on the same ride using the 3rd light and got 14 miles. He has used the first and second light and the same as me says there is not much assistance so only good for flat or very small inclines.
I have had the control replaced with the latest one so that solved the on off issue any thoughts welcome

ULEWZ

Nov 27, 2018
Northridge, Ca
I would say 2500 foot climb in turbo isn't bad. I never use turbo, ever. I mostly use 1 light and it is just enough boost to climb. I use 2 lights on longer steeper climbs, and occasionally 3 lights on super steep stuff. I feel no need to FLY up the hills, normally 6 to 8 mph. Try no lights then go to 1 light, you will feel a difference or something is wrong. Girth is also a factor. I am 180 lbs and the wife is 125 lbs, and she ends up with 1 more battery light than me after a ride on the same model trance. Make sure the battery is charging with a green light and not the 60% red light. I can do about 32 miles with 3200 foot elevation on one charge. What Gear do you climb in, that can make a difference also?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles