Giant Liv with 400Whr battery

Newbie60

Aug 18, 2019
Leeds
Hi Giant folk. Thinking of buying a well priced FS Liv E+2 for my wife (who is not tall) because the frame is extra small. However, it comes with only a 400Whr battery. She is likely to only be doing relatively flat and not too long off road tracks with me but not sure on what level she will prefer (not a regular cyclist and we are both not young). Am I being silly not getting a bike with 500Whr battery. In other words, what are peoples experience with the 400Whr battery for these types of ride.

Last edited:

markd65

Jun 24, 2019
North Lincs
Sure 400Wh would be fine for type of riding you indicate. It is excessive rider/bike weight and serious climbing that drain battery. My wife has a cube acid ebike with 400wh battery. 2 weeks ago we did 22 miles of gravel track and 1250ft of climb. Just over 2 hour ride. She used mid assistance most of time and max assistance for last few miles as she got tired and the track went up. Battery was only down to 50%.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I agree with above post. Neither myself or my wife have depleted a charge in one days riding, and in truth we usually get 3 or 4 rides per charge from our 500wh batteries.

If your wife's fitness improves to the point where she can outlast a 400wh battery... consider it money in the bank to get her more bike.

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
To be honest, as a 500 Wh battery Giant Owner (small bike frame and 75Kg, Im not young and Im pretty slow!), I would definitely invest in a bike with a bigger battery. Riding on low charge is no fun even when you know you can just make it back. It's a bit like driving with a fuel gauge low on a car journey. You know you will make it home you always do, but the journey is marred by that nagging petrol gauge! Plus if you do go out for a day on the bikes she may not want to stick on ECO. So definitely invest in 25% more power that a 500 Kh gives you so she can use the motor to its full potential..... subject to budget of course.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles