Giant > Garmin calories

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I understand that there is some sort of issue with the Giant to Garmin power meter readings giving low readings and low calorie count on ride, it did not bother me was going to turn off the power meter then spotted a calibration option on the garmin , tried it it started but never completed even after a mile of riding so I quit but now it does appear I may be getting more normal power readings 🤔

Worth a try if you have same issue. For ref I’m on a 2022 reign with the Edge530.

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
I understand that there is some sort of issue with the Giant to Garmin power meter readings giving low readings and low calorie count on ride, it did not bother me was going to turn off the power meter then spotted a calibration option on the garmin , tried it it started but never completed even after a mile of riding so I quit but now it does appear I may be getting more normal power readings 🤔

Worth a try if you have same issue. For ref I’m on a 2022 reign with the Edge530.
Thats a good point thanks, I'll try and see what result it gives

John Cap

Jan 29, 2022
Greece
I have the impression that the power calibration option in varius garmin devices (like the edge 530, I have the same) works only with Garmin's own power pedals.

NicoMTB

May 8, 2022
France Grenoble area
The Calories are still massively down even after calibration and the watts were still much lower than i would expect so i turned it off :(.
I've had the same result, and using the garmin cardio belt linked to my garmin 530 with out the giant power meter i get completly different results which are more in line with the level of fatigue and the heart rate monitor. I turned it of as well after trying 2 calibrations, multiple outing with hi amount of vert and minimal assistance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles