Giant Fathom E+1 Pro Hardtail

bullet

Jan 18, 2019
Somerset UK
Bought one of these recently, not sure if I've seen any reviews on it but I really like it. There seems to be more info / videos on the full sus Trance models. Been to the local Quantock Hills a couple times now and had some fun. Syndrive Pro gives great assistance, not sure if its any better than the Syndrive Sport model? Rockshox Revelation RC Debonair front fork seems fine for the basic rides I've done. Love the neon yellow colour. Anyone else bought one of these...? Should I have gone for a full sus.....? Maybe a couple years from now when I've learnt the basic...!

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I have the Dirt E pro+1 which I think is the previous model and very simular. I really like it

bullet

Jan 18, 2019
Somerset UK
I have the Dirt E pro+1 which I think is the previous model and very simular. I really like it
Yes, just looked at the Dirt E+1 pro, looks very similar, what sort of pressure do you put in the tyres...? I've found power 1 is ample, 2 more so, then 3 for up hills but cant really feel additional power from mode 4 & 5. Have you found that...?

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I'm running just under 30 but I a 110kgs and use the bike for forest/fire road stuff nothing too techy( I have a full suss for that)
I use eco and basic most of the time(1&2) Active(3) for the hills and sport and power now and again but more for fun than need. There is a difference but I think as the Giant has 5 modes its a more steady increase.
If you haven't already, you can play around with the power levels but using the phone app

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
I'm running just under 30 but I a 110kgs and use the bike for forest/fire road stuff nothing too techy( I have a full suss for that)
I use eco and basic most of the time(1&2) Active(3) for the hills and sport and power now and again but more for fun than need. There is a difference but I think as the Giant has 5 modes its a more steady increase.
If you haven't already, you can play around with the power levels but using the phone app
Did yours come setup tubeless already? Mine hasnt phoned and they tried to say they dont come tubeless setup on the pro!! After 5 minutes he conceded the giant ad says they do so is sending me the latex and valves!! Not a good start lol .. i see range is better than the suspension models too.. 136 km v 116 on the stance

bullet

Jan 18, 2019
Somerset UK
My hardtail E+1 pro came set up tubeless. Had good ride at Haldon forest near Exeter last Saturday. Just under 30k on blue and red runs and 40+% left on battery so plenty for what i need.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Did yours come setup tubeless already? Mine hasnt phoned and they tried to say they dont come tubeless setup on the pro!! After 5 minutes he conceded the giant ad says they do so is sending me the latex and valves!! Not a good start lol .. i see range is better than the suspension models too.. 136 km v 116 on the stance

Yes tubeless from new from the dealer

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Here she is
F2084A2F-E714-4CFF-BFD5-A0EAC21A4F2E.jpeg
A4E6817F-A860-48D8-93C4-0C81F77AE002.jpeg

bullet

Jan 18, 2019
Somerset UK
its a great looking bike isn't it and it handles great. only thing i have changed is the saddle which i found a bit too firm....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles