Giant Fathom Chain Ring

tp_reading

Jun 25, 2019
Berkshire
I am really only using the top three gears on my Fathom E+2 Pro so thought I might replace the 36t chain ring with a 38t. My lbs said that they had been asked before however Giant said that it wouldn’t suit the set up of the motor. Has anyone ignored this advice and tried this modification.

Ozscottino

Jun 22, 2019
Australia
I haven't, but mate has, as he spends most of his time at higher speeds. (not alot of technical short snappy climbs)

If you tend to be lacking top speed do it.
Or at least trial it.

tp_reading

Jun 25, 2019
Berkshire
I haven't, but mate has, as he spends most of his time at higher speeds. (not alot of technical short snappy climbs)

If you tend to be lacking top speed do it.
Or at least trial it.
Please could you ask him which chain ring he bought and was it easy to fit. Cheers Tony

Mike james

Jun 11, 2019
Tr275dq
I am really only using the top three gears on my Fathom E+2 Pro so thought I might replace the 36t chain ring with a 38t. My lbs said that they had been asked before however Giant said that it wouldn’t suit the set up of the motor. Has anyone ignored this advice and tried this modification.
I have a Giant 1.5 pro with Pro sport motor same as Fathom.
My bike is fitted with 38Tx28T on inner that has worked fine for 12 month 1300miles and I replaced the full set last week.
Hope this helps.
Mike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles