Giant Dropper post service kit.

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
Can anyone tell me where I can get a service kit for the dropper post on a Trance e+3?
I fell off the bike and twisted the seat and now the shaft of the post rotates to the left.

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
Thanks I have had a look through the link but couldn't see a service kit.
I have emailed Giant spares about it.

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
I tried a few place including Giant Spares and my local Giant bike shop but both say there is no service kit. I stripped down the post and turned over the guides which helped.
I have just ordered a Brand X dropper from CRC.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
A if you're wanting to replace the keys/bushings a brand x or trans x service kit fits. If you need a new cartridge those can be ordered through any giant dealer.
If its less than 2 yrs old giant will warranty it through your point of sale.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
The guide keys look just like thin plastic shims. Could probably get new ones 3d printed or even machined out of something like brass (which some other posts use).

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Hmmm...timely thread...
Mine is loose - rotates side to side about a quarter inch. I suspect it was a crash - maybe broke those guides.
So, you can disassemble and find them in there?? Turn them over?

Goughy75

Sep 22, 2019
UK
Hmmm...timely thread...
Mine is loose - rotates side to side about a quarter inch. I suspect it was a crash - maybe broke those guides.
So, you can disassemble and find them in there?? Turn them over?
Yes you can turn them over. I did it to one of the guides on my Giant dropper. It made an improvement.

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Hmmm...tin foil eh? SMH
Consider a kit, they're like twenty bucks or something. Comes with new guides, works great.

Kingerz

Jul 11, 2021
Australia
What a brilliant form this is. I had the same problem with the rotating saddle... strangely the video does not mention the shims. There are two TINY SLIM bits of plastic at the top that stop the post rotating, and I just turned one around. I was pretty shocked at the cheapness and fragility of the internals and am looking at an upgraded dropper.

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
What a brilliant form this is. I had the same problem with the rotating saddle... strangely the video does not mention the shims. There are two TINY SLIM bits of plastic at the top that stop the post rotating, and I just turned one around. I was pretty shocked at the cheapness and fragility of the internals and am looking at an upgraded dropper.

OneUp V2 FTW.
Yes, the little plastic bits can be turned around to expose the other sharp edges of the shim. Once you take it apart it's easy to see what you're dealing with. With enough force, like a crash, the edges get stripped off the shims making the seat loose. A rebuild kit fixes it - I've done both with my Trance, both with good success. The kit is the premium fix though.

OneUp is very popular and a very good product. Check 'em out. (y)

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Did anyone ever find a UK supplier for these?
Ive been ordering from USA which is pretty couinter productive cost wise.

There would be a market for some nice brass ones 3D printing Im sure :)

Browneye

Feb 27, 2020
So-CAL
Did anyone ever find a UK supplier for these?
Ive been ordering from USA which is pretty couinter productive cost wise.

There would be a market for some nice brass ones 3D printing Im sure :)

Consider a new post as mentioned. The Giant one is okay for a time, but it's an inferior design from the get-go.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles