Giant Contact Switch Screw Size

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
I have a 2021 Stance E+ 1 with a Giant dropper post. The screw that holds the clamp of the contact switch on the handle bar came out when I was riding yesterday and is gone in the dirt somewhere.

Does anyone know what size screw it is? Both the M size (like M3) and length?

Giant.JPG

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
I looked at mine this morning and the measurement were : 3mm for thread diameter, 5.5mm for head outside diameter and 2.5mm for the allen wrench. So for me it is M3.
The length was 8mm but 10mm should be better.

CraigR

Aug 10, 2020
Livermore, Ca
I looked at mine this morning and the measurement were : 3mm for thread diameter, 5.5mm for head outside diameter and 2.5mm for the Allen wrench. So for me it is M3.
The length was 8mm but 10mm should be better.

I originally took the bolt out of the Ride One Controller to see if it was the right size and those are the exact measurements of that bolt (though only 6mm long which is too short by 2 mm and PITA to put back together) and that one was too small (Thread diameter) for the contact switch. I wonder if they originally used that size in 2020 and went to a bigger size on 2021 models?

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
My bad ! I measured the screw of the RideControl One remote this morning, maybe I was still sleepy... You're correct it's M4

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles