Giant app

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I have had a similar issue, I just made sure that the RideController was still turned on and kept trying again until it eventually uploaded.
On another occasion I had it fail and would not upload however after removing the battery (to put it on charge) I tried again after putting the battery back in and it worked straight away.

Kiwi Dan

Feb 8, 2019
New Zealand
I have had a similar issue, I just made sure that the RideController was still turned on and kept trying again until it eventually uploaded.
On another occasion I had it fail and would not upload however after removing the battery (to put it on charge) I tried again after putting the battery back in and it worked straight away.
I’ll give that a go, it’s done it on my last 2 rides.
Cheers
Dan

Kiwi Dan

Feb 8, 2019
New Zealand
I tried that and still not working. I think I need to reinstall the app but I’ll lose all my data.

0726C2A7-CE94-4C5C-966C-9E60C6BED6B0.png

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
Not sure if related however yesterday I updated my Samsung S9+ which was running Android Oreo to Android Pie and I have just tried to use my RideControl app and it constantly crashes.

Edit: Confirmed the app is broken on Android Pie (9). Apparently it's an easy fix but the developers are not the quickest when it comes to updating this app.

Last edited:

Kiwi Dan

Feb 8, 2019
New Zealand
I’m running an iPhone and has worked 100% until my last two rides, bloody frustrating.
It has always been temperamental. Only works about 50% of time with me. Samsung s8.[/QUOTE

Very temperamental, went for a ride this morning and it uploaded no problem, here’s hoping that when they update the app it irons out all the glitches.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
The ride control app has been removed from the app store so id imagine its been pulled because of issues( even tho mine works fine on both my bikes)...

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Well let’s hope version 2.0 is a more reliable.

Version 2 was about 2 weeks after they originally released it,....( they pulled version 1 mid sept 2018) .

When I bought my full e pro ( may 2018) , giant was advertising a non existent app, it took them 4 months to release the first version and only a few hours for it to start causing customers problems.

Makes you question the quality of IT staff at giant?

Carrot Cruncher

Mar 25, 2019
South Glos.
I wrote a scathing review of their app yesterday on the Google Play Store with regards issues with it crashing when trying to record a ride. After taking a screen shot, I sent it to Giant Bikes-USA.

To my amazement I got a reply within hours apologising and confirming their app isn't compatible with the latest Android Version! Apparently they are working feverishly on it and hope to have a new version out soon.....not holding my breath!

Last edited:

Pottsy

Founding Member
Feb 12, 2018
Northern Ireland
I wrote a scathing review of their app yesterday on the Google Play Store with regards issues with it crashing when trying to record a ride. After taking a screen shot, I sent it to Giant Bikes-USA.

To my amazement I got a reply within hours apologising and confirming their app isn't compatible with the latest Android Version! Apparently they are working feverishly on it and hope to have a new version out soon.....not holding my breath!
I have it running on on Android 9 but the saving ride issue has been around since the app was launched.
I think the version excuse is a red herring.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles