Giant 2022 + 250Wh battery range extender

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
My friend and local bike shop owner has just been to the 2023 Giant dealer presentation and there's a new range extender about to be released. From what I understand it's more compact but with capacity reduced slightly to 200wh. It was shown as an accessory for the 2023 bikes and I'm not sure if it'll be retro compatible with the older models but my friend is hopeful that it will be.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
My friend and local bike shop owner has just been to the 2023 Giant dealer presentation and there's a new range extender about to be released. From what I understand it's more compact but with capacity reduced slightly to 200wh. It was shown as an accessory for the 2023 bikes and I'm not sure if it'll be retro compatible with the older models but my friend is hopeful that it will be.
Good luck with that, unless It comes with a new mounting system, the 2023’s have removed the mounting screw holes that came with the 2022’s so it makes it impossible to use the current extender. If the new model is going to be only 200 wh then why bother ?

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Good luck with that, unless It comes with a new mounting system, the 2023’s have removed the mounting screw holes that came with the 2022’s so it makes it impossible to use the current extender. If the new model is going to be only 200 wh then why bother ?
Apparently the mounting system is a three bolt set up, not the two holes that were on the previous bikes. As I said they aren't sure if it'll be retro compatible. I have no interest in it anyway but I thought some others may like to know.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I have literally just come across this issue after waiting months for the parts to arrive come to fit it and the cable is like a bow string, I asked specifically if it was ok to fit because of another thread i had seen. If the new range extender is one that looks like a water bottle then im sure the bracvket is nicer than thjis one when battery is not on the buke the bracket is fugly.

IMG_7515.JPG

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Just had a google the New 200 Energypak plus is not compatible with the 22/23 Reign I wonder Why

Most likely a fitment issue.

I have an hard time fitting a regular water bottle on my XL, so I don't see how a large range extender would fit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles