Ghost ASX Esssential 160- 2021

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
As I am an ebike addict and I just love to try as many ebikes as I can, today I ordered the 2021 Ghost ASX Essential 160. I already own a Ghost Hybride Slamr and Focus Jam2 with Shimano E8000 and I am returning after three years to a Bosch ebike. I had three candidates -Haibike Allmtn 6 -2021 and Giant Trance X E+Pro 2 but in the end I got a fantastic deal on the Ghost undercutting both other models by a lot and also it is a nice looking piece of machinery. I originally wanted the Yamaha PWX2 but the Haibike is just too expensive and the Giant seemed too long and heavy and also fair bit dearer. The Ghost isnt a light bike either but the reviews of the 2020 model are very good. Just hoping that the Bosch Gen4 rattle wont be such a big deal as it seems to be much less present in certain frames. Anybody here already rides or ordered the 2021 Ghost ASX ? I guess none of the new Ghosts have been tested anywhere so probably none sold either.
s1600_photo_365029.jpg

Last edited:

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
IIRC its the same basic bike as the Lapierre Overvolt (they have same parent company). I think MBR reviewed the Ghost recently.

View attachment 54016
Yes , the Lapierre is the same as they are under the one roof. I searched the MBR site but could not find anything.

daddyo

Sep 15, 2019
Brno, Czech Republic
Thank you for the info. Very kind of you. It is a review of the 2020 ASX 4.7 which is however pretty much the same as the 2021 ASX Essential . Think I made a good choice. Most Ghosts handle really well.My 2018 Hybride Slamr is still a brilliant machine.
The new baby will receive a OneUp V2 150mm dropper post and some Michelin E-Wilds immediately before the first ride in August ( let's hope the delivery date will be the same as now).

Jerry123

Mar 16, 2021
NL
As I am an ebike addict and I just love to try as many ebikes as I can, today I ordered the 2021 Ghost ASX Essential 160. I already own a Ghost Hybride Slamr and Focus Jam2 with Shimano E8000 and I am returning after three years to a Bosch ebike. I had three candidates -Haibike Allmtn 6 -2021 and Giant Trance X E+Pro 2 but in the end I got a fantastic deal on the Ghost undercutting both other models by a lot and also it is a nice looking piece of machinery. I originally wanted the Yamaha PWX2 but the Haibike is just too expensive and the Giant seemed too long and heavy and also fair bit dearer. The Ghost isnt a light bike either but the reviews of the 2020 model are very good. Just hoping that the Bosch Gen4 rattle wont be such a big deal as it seems to be much less present in certain frames. Anybody here already rides or ordered the 2021 Ghost ASX ? I guess none of the new Ghosts have been tested anywhere so probably none sold either.
View attachment 54015
Hi,

I am interested to buy this bike. I am new to E MTBing. Would this be a good bike to start with? I am 193 cm, is the XL frame big enough:?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles