Levo Gen 3 Gen 3 Levo Motor Noise

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I got a Trek Rail with a Bosch motor, and I hate its clunking sound on descends. And I'm told that the guys with Brose motor enjoy the silent flow. But seems like the Brose has the issue on climbs :) Do the new bikes still have the issue?

MNTurboLevo

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
Minnesota/Arizon
Just an update on my 2022 Turbo Levo Expert. Specialized replaced the motor at approximately 300 miles in May 2022. LBS was able to get a replacement within a week and installed. Now have 200 miles on new motor and it is very quiet and all is well. Reason for low miles on bike is that this is only used during my winter stay in AZ each winter. This bike rocks and Spec and the LBS have done an excellent job of replacing my noisy motor.

zerofunds

Nov 30, 2020
New Zealand
I got a Trek Rail with a Bosch motor, and I hate its clunking sound on descends. And I'm told that the guys with Brose motor enjoy the silent flow. But seems like the Brose has the issue on climbs :) Do the new bikes still have the issue?
I have a rail and a levo, the bosch motor is dead silent, it's your battery that's rattling around. Alot of us run a battery strap on the rails.

davem85

Feb 1, 2021
Germany
Finally got to ride my 2022 Levo after being injured and building it up for months. Very disappointed to hear that sound on the first rides. I already got history with Levo Motors, since my 2020 frameset motor had to be replaced under warranty. I really had high hopes for that 2.2 motor - turns out nothing's changed, just a new name for a faulty product. This has to be embarrassing for Specialized - might be my last bike from them. So many great alternatives out there these days.

But... since there hasn't been much going on in the thread lately, maybe a good sign they finally sorted it out??

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles