Garmin watch users PSA

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Only if you remember to log onto Strava to tell it manually that it was an ebike ride. If you forget to log on and change it it’ll still record it as an regular bike ride.

now it should automatically upload it as an ebike ride and no need to do anything on the Strava side.
Sorry, that is not correct. After syncronising to Strava, you are automatically prompted with a notification: "this looks to be an ebike ride...; do you wish to change?".

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Sorry, that is not correct. After syncronising to Strava, you are automatically prompted with a notification: "this looks to be an ebike ride...; do you wish to change?".
Yes, but you actually need to open up Strava and click ‘yes’ to that prompt. If you don’t, the ride will still not be changed.

So you still have to remember to log onto Strava and manually correct it. If you don’t, your ebike ride will be recorded as a regular MTB ride.

Often I won’t open up Strava for a day or so after the ride, and it’s still marked as a MTB ride. So yes, there’s still a manual step involved as far as I can see 😊

With the new emtb mode it should remove that process. I’ll check today. 👍

Reactions: iXi

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
New Garmin eMTB screen

7D26EA14-8A24-4E4D-B365-565FB9EFB24D.jpeg

Buggbairn

Subscriber
Sep 13, 2021
Falkirk
I have just bought my 1st Garmin watch, a Fenix 6s Pro, I would be very grateful if someone could point me towards a beginners how to for setting up the emtb features.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I have just bought my 1st Garmin watch, a Fenix 6s Pro, I would be very grateful if someone could point me towards a beginners how to for setting up the emtb features.

I had a look for you but couldn’t find a guide on emtb for the Fenix.

But for me on my Levo, I turned on the bike, searched for sensors on my watch which found 3 bike sensors. I connected all of them with the exception of bike speed (as i have a garmin speed sensor) and then the ebike metrics (power etc) appear as a data field you can add to activity screens.

I think it works the same for Shimano powered bikes.

I also use the ebike-field data field set from Jan on this forum (its on the connectiq store) which gives some extra fields such as motor power mode.

Sorry its not a proper guide but hopefully helpful.

TorAtle

Aug 4, 2018
OSLO
Riding a Rise with the Garmin Epix 2 watch (Orbea RS Toolbox app installed), I was surprised to find that assist mode, assist level etc was logged during the eMTB activity. Does the watch know what these fields are?

Screenshot_20220427-221259_Connect.jpg

mmcaleer

Sep 30, 2022
Texas
Bizarre. Still happening. I have a Garmin Fenix6. The Turbo Levo is discovered on the watch as a sensor. As soon as I start the Garmin eMTB activity from the watch, the heart rate goes away, does not display nor record. As soon as I stop the activity, the HR displays.

mmcaleer

Sep 30, 2022
Texas
In case anyone else runs into this issue here is what I found. I had the bike discovered on my watch as a sensor. But there were three sensors from the bike. One of them was a HR sensor. What appeared to happen was the Garmin eMTB application was using the HR from the bike but I was not sending HR data to the bike so the ride had no HR data. As soon as I deleted the bike HR sensor from my watch, the eMTB app started to use the wrist HR data.

kayesport

Jan 18, 2023
Luca Italy and Brighton UK
Bizarre. Still happening. I have a Garmin Fenix6. The Turbo Levo is discovered on the watch as a sensor. As soon as I start the Garmin eMTB activity from the watch, the heart rate goes away, does not display nor record. As soon as I stop the activity, the HR displays.
Yes I did the same the other day with my watch did exactly the same very strange no heart rate on the watch and also kept on doing short laps on the map stopping and starting during the ride 40 km ride ended up to be lots and lots of segments so disconnected it from the bike now don't really need it connected to it anyway

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Thanks for this. I added eMTB to my Fenix 6, and added the HR screen. I haven't gone into my Strava yet to update to an E. That will be next.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles