Garmin watch users PSA

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
They finally added ebike and emtb modes to the Fenix. Rejoice!

image.jpg

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
It's a slow roll out. On reddit garmin said they have rolled out 10% so far and everyone else will be done in due course. Rob just lucked out

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
So does Strava now separate out ebike rides from acoustic rides automatically (be awesome if it does :cool: ).
It has been doing so for over a year. After strava sync, you see a notification: "This looks to be an ebike ride... confirm?"

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
It has been doing so for over a year. After strava sync, you see a notification: "This looks to be an ebike ride... confirm?"
Only if you remember to log onto Strava to tell it manually that it was an ebike ride. If you forget to log on and change it it’ll still record it as an regular bike ride.

now it should automatically upload it as an ebike ride and no need to do anything on the Strava side.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
ill this roll out across all the watches? I have a Vivoactive 3 music, would be nice to have this.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
ill this roll out across all the watches? I have a Vivoactive 3 music, would be nice to have this.

It isn't listed on the Garmin forum update notes for the Vivo 3, or Vivo 4, or Fenix 5+.
Only seems to be in the Fenix 6 update of the ones I checked.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I like to upload my ebike rides onto Strava as normal bike rides. Keeps those pesky kom chasing road toads at bay!

• Haha
Reactions: iXi

hdqboss

Nov 4, 2021
Northeast Ohio, USA
Only if you remember to log onto Strava to tell it manually that it was an ebike ride. If you forget to log on and change it it’ll still record it as an regular bike ride.

now it should automatically upload it as an ebike ride and no need to do anything on the Strava side.
Rob, I do not see an ebike option on my Strava account. Where would I find it?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Thanks for letting us know. I’d have completely missed this. Long overdue.

I’ve added “ebike field nerd style” to the EMTB activity as well. I already had this installed and it was pretty easy to add it to the new activity screens.

Paul C

Dec 28, 2020
west susssex
Think I need a Garmin watch. Which is best to buy?
I have no clue and I'm no techy but was looking at a couple of fenix models on amazon black friday deals.
Sensible advice be appreciated thanks

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Think I need a Garmin watch. Which is best to buy?
I have no clue and I'm no techy but was looking at a couple of fenix models on amazon black friday deals.
Sensible advice be appreciated thanks

Amazon seem to have really good deals on the 6x pro at the mo 👍

That would be the model i’d recommend

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Fenix is too heavy for me....after some weeks I cannot have it on 24/7.
Using Fenix 4-5-6 and some special editions.

Now I'm on Loadrunner 945LTE, which has the updated pulse sensor, as the Venu2 was the first to get.
It also has eMTB profile.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Update: Garmin have paused the roll out of v20 due to battery drain issues. They’re working on a fix which will either be pushed as a reworked v20 or v20.10 depending on current firmware on the device.

// From Garmin support.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles