Garmin MARQ watch?

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I fancy a fancy watch, has any one got a Garmin Marq watch ? To be honest id never heard of these until googling a Tag Heuer Connected 2020 .
The Tag Heuer 2020 connected looks totally out gunned and under developed compared to the Garmin but hey, its a Tag lol.

I have a Garmin Fenix 6 which I wear every day and I doubt anything comes close in its abilities. For something a bit nice Tag or Garmin Marq?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I had the 2nd gen Tag Connected. It looked nice, but that was about all it did.
I had so many issues with it, and was continually in contact with Tag... so much so that the product manager gave me a full refund after 6 months of ownership.

Great idea... just poorly executed. I imagine it’s evolved a bit since then though.
I bought an Apple Watch instead (and got a lot of cash back!) and the difference was night and day. The Apple Watch is a finished product that does what it’s meant to. The Tag felt like a beta / prototype!

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
From my little knowledge the old Tag connect didn't even have a heart monitor :rolleyes: I think its moved on a little with regards to its functions I'm not delusional though, its not going to be a patch on the Garmin. I already have a Fenix 6 so I guess the Tag would be something totally different.
That said the Garmin Marq has peaked my interest :unsure:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Thing is are any of these high end watches really suited to on bike use - my Garmin Vivoactie 3 music has taken some bands and still going strong, but I dont think I would want to put a 1k plus watch on my wrist while out riding.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Thing is are any of these high end watches really suited to on bike use - my Garmin Vivoactie 3 music has taken some bands and still going strong, but I dont think I would want to put a 1k plus watch on my wrist while out riding.
I think the Garmin would be fine but id probably not bother wearing the tag for bike use. I will look into the Marq a bit more before deciding .

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I got the Marq Adventurer, looked great but as @R120 mentioned it didn’t suit well to bike use - it got scuffed up pretty quickly which made it look cheap.

Ended up swapping it for a Tactix Delta which is essentially a Fenix 6 but with a couple of extra features which I’ll never use. The screen is better as well (easier to read) than the Marq.

Tried the Tag but it was horrendous and didn’t even pass the shop test.

There is a new line apparently coming out in Feb 22 which includes the Fenix 7, revamped Marq and Tactix Echo. Lets hope they don’t switch the screen from memory in pixel to oled otherwise the great advantage - battery life, will be eroded.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I got my Vivoactive 3 Music purely so I could get rid of the display on my E8000 and runs @mark.ai great data files on a watch for all the critical info, and it works a treat for that, plus logging rides.

When I got it I thought I would just use it for when on the bike, but have found myselfwearing It every day because for me it has just the right amount of smart watch integration with my phone, plus it not bulky and hard wearing (I work in construction and have damaged other watches on sites).

couldn’t recommend it enough if you want a good, relatively cheap Garmin watch.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I got the marq adventure ages ago now. Its a nice watch but I don't use it for work or riding so I guess just for best. Day in day out I use my 6 titanium .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles