Garmin Edge 830 compatibility with Levo

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
Amazon had a little delay in getting it to me but it’s all good now.

A few fumbles in setting it up but it is mostly working now. The MTB mount interferes with the SWAT tool on the stem but I stashed an extra Allen key in with the spare tube in case I need to get to it.

I noticed I can’t adjust the assistance level even though there is a plus and minus feature on the screen. And the Turbo setting is less than what it is set to in Mission control. I need to play with it a bit more.

Overall I like it so far...adding the remote makes it much easier to switch pages.

View attachment 15233

View attachment 15234

View attachment 15235

Have you definitely got the correct eBike Field (Connect iQ app) working? That screen is only for Shimano STEPS bikes, so you may as well disable that one in settings as I don't think it works for battery, assistance level, etc. on a non-shimano bike. Install the eBike field Connect iQ app on the device, customise the settings to display battery & assist level in a single field, and then place that onto a data screen.

Ebike Garmin apps ~ UPDATE: new multi battery support - EMTB Forums

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
Have you definitely got the correct eBike Field (Connect iQ app) working? That screen is only for Shimano STEPS bikes, so you may as well disable that one in settings as I don't think it works for battery, assistance level, etc. on a non-shimano bike. Install the eBike field Connect iQ app on the device, customise the settings to display battery & assist level in a single field, and then place that onto a data screen.

Ebike Garmin apps ~ UPDATE: new multi battery support - EMTB Forums

Ok I didn’t realize that another bike was working with the app yet. I will try and pay attention a little more :). Thank you

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
Ok I didn’t realize that another bike was working with the app yet. I will try and pay attention a little more :). Thank you
... it's not - the photo you show is the native ebike screen standard on the device, and it only works with Shimano STEPS (I believe). The 3rd party eBike Field app only works with the Levo as far as I know, and this is the field you need to install, configure and display. The Shimano screen is not showing you your bike info.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
... it's not - the photo you show is the native ebike screen standard on the device, and it only works with Shimano STEPS (I believe). The 3rd party eBike Field app only works with the Levo as far as I know, and this is the field you need to install, configure and display. The Shimano screen is not showing you your bike info.

I remember seeing 2 built-in screens on my Garmin Edge 1030 - one for Shimano STEPS and one for other e-bikes.

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
I remember seeing 2 built-in screens on my Garmin Edge 1030 - one for Shimano STEPS and one for other e-bikes.

You ae quite possibly correct - however the only way I could get my 2019 Levo to talk to my Edge 1030 and display battery & mode was to use Jan Capek's app from the Connect iQ store.

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
That screen may be for the Shimano but when I change assistance levels it changes it in that display. The other odd thing is it shows eco as level 1 but trail as level 3. Skips right over 2

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Wahoo devices get good reviews and are good value, however I think the only way to get one to display battery on a Levo is to enable the fake channel on the bike and then assign a field on screen to it which is a fudge.

Just to update everyone - this was correct at the time it was posted. Since March 2020, Wahoo have now added full LEV support.
Details on the bikes supported and the fields etc are here: Everything You Need to Know About ELEMNT LEV Integration

So I'm just posting that incase anybody had a Wahoo and was thinking they should get a Garmin if they wanted the LEV fields. You can get them now and don't _have_ to buy a Garmin.

crazymelki

Feb 25, 2020
Switzerland
Does anyone use Specialized Turbo Connect Display Mount MTB for Garmin Edge 530/830? I'm wondering if this still interferes with SWAT tool? I'm ok if I need to remove the Garmin device of the mount to access the SWAT tool ...
I think, there is no problem at all....go 4 it!
IMG_5549.jpg
IMG_5548.jpg

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
I have a 1030 and the Levo presents itself as 3 separate sensors:
Speed/cadence
Power meter
EBike

The Garmin head unit can then be configured to show speed, cadence and power from the bike, no need to use external cadence and speed sensors. The power displayed & recorded is rider input power not bike power so therefore will give accurate workout info.
Late to the party but heh ho. The Levo sensor EBike provides assist mode and battery level. So these too can be displayed on the Garmin head unit. Note displayed only and not recorded in your ride.

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
You can also download a Garmin Connect iQ app “Ebike field” developed by somebody on this forum and the Garmin can also display bike mode and battery level, very neat.
Ebike Field replaces the Levo sensor EBike - which must be disabled - and allows assist mode and battery level to be recorded in your ride/activity as well as displaying them on the Garmin head unit. You need the Premium version of Ebike Field to get recording of the values in your Ride/Activity. If you are not bothered to have these stats in your Ride/Activity data then save yourself a whole heap of work and just use the Levo EBike sensor.

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
Thanks, I know and have been using and recommending the premium version of Jan's Ebike Field Connect iQ data field for nearly two years. When I got first got the Levo, using the native eBike sensor and either built-in fields or the Specialized Turbo Connect iQ app was very flaky, whereas the Ebike Field has been flawless.

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Ebike Field replaces the Levo sensor EBike - which must be disabled - and allows assist mode and battery level to be recorded in your ride/activity as well as displaying them on the Garmin head unit. You need the Premium version of Ebike Field to get recording of the values in your Ride/Activity. If you are not bothered to have these stats in your Ride/Activity data then save yourself a whole heap of work and just use the Levo EBike sensor.

The standard Levo/Kenevo output from Specialized is really poor. When connected mine has the bike stopping about every 15 seconds and about 25% of the time it will lock at 16.7 mph until the bike is turned off and turned back on again. Power output reporting is all over the place as well.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
For everyone looking to use a Garmin with the SWAT tool, take a look at a K-Edge mount.

Mounts on top of the stem putting the Garmin over the bars, but doesn't block the ability to access the SWAT tool.
I have a Swat tool and I use Garmin MTB mount. It allows me to have the Garmin in safe location just on top of the stem and I can use the Swat tool aswell (I lift the Garmin mount up) .

IMG_20201123_160050.jpg

IMG_20201123_160042.jpg

mark1a

Mar 11, 2019
Dorset, UK
The standard Levo/Kenevo output from Specialized is really poor. When connected mine has the bike stopping about every 15 seconds and about 25% of the time it will lock at 16.7 mph until the bike is turned off and turned back on again. Power output reporting is all over the place as well.
I get occasional “stop” on my Levo, the first things I’d try checking are TCU software update and that the magnetic speed sensor on the rear rotor is free of debris.

Canmore TLCC 29

Jun 16, 2020
Canmore, AB Canada
Amazon had a little delay in getting it to me but it’s all good now.

A few fumbles in setting it up but it is mostly working now. The MTB mount interferes with the SWAT tool on the stem but I stashed an extra Allen key in with the spare tube in case I need to get to it.

I noticed I can’t adjust the assistance level even though there is a plus and minus feature on the screen. And the Turbo setting is less than what it is set to in Mission control. I need to play with it a bit more.

Overall I like it so far...adding the remote makes it much easier to switch pages.

View attachment 15233

View attachment 15234

View attachment 15235
I mounted the bracket on the left side of the stem and tilt the screen toward me. It doesn't cover the SWAT tool. Photo on request.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles