Garmin Ebike apps for MR2020 Giant ebikes

ih4472

Jun 3, 2020
UK
Did the app ever get updated to show the Giant power modes instead of numbers?

For what it's worth, the modes (not displayed) and associated numbers (as reported to my Garmin 830 from the Giant field) on my 2020 Reign are:

0 - Off
1 - Eco
2 - Eco+
3 - Normal
4 - Smart Assist (Auto)
5 - Sport
7 - Sport+

I have no idea what happened to 6!

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic

For what it's worth, the modes (not displayed) and associated numbers (as reported to my Garmin 830 from the Giant field) on my 2020 Reign are:

0 - Off
1 - Eco
2 - Eco+
3 - Normal
4 - Smart Assist (Auto)
5 - Sport
7 - Sport+

Ah yeah, this update was little bit forgotten as I was waiting to test also other compatibility features for next release which unfortunately had to be put on hold.. I will try recover this update in next few weeks and release it.

ih4472

Jun 3, 2020
UK
Ah yeah, this update was little bit forgotten as I was waiting to test also other compatibility features for next release which unfortunately had to be put on hold.. I will try recover this update in next few weeks and release it.

OK and if you need me to check anything for you just let me know.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.

Thanks,
It is still working fine on my 2020 rance E+2 now. Awesome to have decent access to the battery level. :)

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
I ended up getting a new controller and now my bike links up with the Garmin without issue. It always connected to my phone so it seems Bluetooth worked with my original controller but ANT+ didn’t. Look forward to the updates now ! (I have donated)

Kruku Harata

Jul 20, 2020
Poland
@JanCapek I have a question about Your app. I have Garmin Fenix 6X Pro and Giant Reign E+1 Pro 2020. App is fine connecting with Bike. I saw that Premium version of Your app have an option to change wheel circumference? Does that change it in the bicycle software?
I have support only to 25 km/h. If I Can change the wheel circumference to smaller the support should work to greater km/h

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic
@Kruku Harata Hi, sorry for delayed response. I missed your post. I don't think you will be able to update wheel circumference on your bike as most recent ebikes have this blocked. But you can simply try and let me know how it went. :)

mal11

Jun 23, 2021
Dallas Texas

0 - Off
1 - Eco
2 - Eco+
3 - Normal
4 - Smart Assist (Auto)
5 - Sport
7 - Sport+

I recently bought my wife a 2020 Liv Tempt E2+ and a Garmin Edge 130 Plus.
Battery % and mode data field show up, but still only number... regardless of the setting in Garmin Connect settings on iPhone.
Datafield changes format really quickly when you change and save, but no text mode descriptions.
cool app nonetheless....

Porcupine

Sep 5, 2022
South east UK
I'm sorry for resurrecting this dormant thread but looking for information about connecting my 2021 Trance E+ to a Garmin watch. I don't own the watch yet so it's hard to test this myself.

With @JanCapek 's app I guess I can connect a watch to the bike, but I'd like to record details from the bike continuously within the Garmin activity as I cycle, so that this can be plotted with the other ride parameters (like heart rate, altitude etc.). I'd like to record assist level, cadence and rider effort.

Can this be done with this app and a Garmin watch? Or does the eBike app just show information live on the screen during the activity? I just don't know how Garmin's products work.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles