Gamers thread

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
gaming.. where to start :D
started programming on a ZX81 then moved to the massive memory of a spectrum 48k, then amiga, then PC then consoles from PS1 onward.
spent far too much time of my life playing Quake 3 arena against Russian "sweaters" and currently have to keep that gaming habit in check with a really boring hobby called 'riding bikes'
currently shooting zombies in the face on COD cold war :D

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Might do a few lobby races tomo night but most eve next week on daily race c at monza looks fun ?

I won't be home tomorrow as it's a very busy night for me :love:?? ???
but I should be in Monday and Thursday nights

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I'll add those who posted usernames when I fire up my PS5 next, hopefully when the missus nips out of the room ?
My username is erm....Beezerk (y)

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
Factorio.

A ridiculously involving game that seems so innocuous but drags you in to your doom. Free to play demo game. No in-game purchases. Very intelligent modeling. Well worth a look, but watch out for issues with time dilation and OCD.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
Congratulations Rob, I managed to get hold of an Xbox Series X yesterday. I’m restarting Cybepunk whilst playing through Jedi fallen order.

I’ve always been a gamer, always will be. I’ve also got a nasty guitar habit and a board games and Warhammer addiction I’ve never been able to kick!

Not picked up a PS5 yetbut will do at some point, it was enough of a nightmare just to get hold of the Xbox!

my gamer tag is easy to guess for forum members.

roll on the spring and biking can move up the hobby order again.

2cool2fool

Sep 6, 2020
USA - Chicago
Some of you gamers might enjoy this...

I live near Chicago where its the temp is -3 with a wind chill of -24C. 14 inches of snow on the ground with another 5” forecast tonight. Generally, riding outside between December and March is a fools mission.

Last year, I took my analog RockHopper and put it on a Tacx Neo smart trainer - and rode during the winter on Zwift. But a few months ago, I read about Grand Theft Auto BIKE. Two guys wrote a GTAV mod that connects to a smart trainer via ANT+. Its unbelievable. There’s a Facebook page with 830 members. Here’s a link to a short YouTube video That explains the mod : .

Where else can you get a great workout while being able to shoot at the assholes that cut you off?

Last edited:

artzicat1

Mar 3, 2019
israel
pc gaming for years
fortnite is fun
currently on cod war zone that one is hard
few other games star wars
got a xbox one s for the kids

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Tennis Clash on iPhone is awesome ?

76F64639-8E86-4251-9E4B-EF97276D2C57.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Wreckfest is free to DL with PS+ this month... but only for PS5... and I still haven't been able to get one. :cry:

Just downloading this though for PS4

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Wreckfest is free to DL with PS+ this month... but only for PS5... and I still haven't been able to get one. :cry:

I downloaded Wreckfest yesterday ?
Haven't played it yet though, too busy grinding gold guns on Cold War at the minute.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
My computers in chronological order..

TV Pong,
Atari console
ZX Spectrum
Atari ST
Sega Megadrive
486 PC
AMD Athlon PC
Sony PS 2
XBOX 360
Raspberry Pi
XBOX One
Great list I had similar except ZX81 with 16k Ram Pack and an Amiga used for dance music production. I’m now looking to build up a Raspberry Pi with MAME arcade simulator as a next project.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
@Beezerk how did you manage to get a PS5?

any tips/advice greatly apprecieated

I managed to get one on release day from Argos, I actually got a tip off from a mate that there were some about to be released lol.
Best thing is to get onto Twitter and look for news on releases there, there's always threads about it. Another mate got one by finding out who was releasing some consoles via Twitter then staying up until midnight as they generally get released at 12.01am or something daft. My pal bagged one at midnight and it was delivered by 10am the same day from Argos.
Good luck with it, I know a lot of people who are after them but they don't seem to be going that extra mile to make sure they get one.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Cheers.
I actually have been looking at a few twitter PS5 drop accounts on and off since release and on their tip offs have stayed up until silly oclock (2am ish) many times. So far only to find out the next day a tiny amount were dropped at crazy oclock (someting like 4 or 5am) or they weren't actually dropped at all. or between 8 and 9am when I'm leaving or on my commute to work. So pretty much given up on that.
A mate works at Amazon. They have a stash of them in stock all the time. But they're not for sale. :cry:

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Cheers.
I actually have been looking at a few twitter PS5 drop accounts on and off since release and on their tip offs have stayed up until silly oclock (2am ish) many times. So far only to find out the next day a tiny amount were dropped at crazy oclock (someting like 4 or 5am) or they weren't actually dropped at all. or between 8 and 9am when I'm leaving or on my commute to work. So pretty much given up on that.
A mate works at Amazon. They have a stash of them in stock all the time. But they're not for sale. :cry:

That's shite, I wonder why there is such a lack of consoles, Covid maybe or Sony are just being twats.
I'm after a 3rd party controller as I came over from Xbox and prefer the stick config on those consoles, apparently Sony ban any 3rd party accessories from being sold for a year or so of the console release ?
Btw have you tried Reddit, lots of weird shit going on there so maybe another place to look for PS5 release dates?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Apparently that Amazon stock is held because they get a lot of returns.
Yeah. Sony just haven't made enough for demand and can't catch up. partly due to supply issues. partly because of covid.
similarly to the entire cycle industry.
I can get shit tons of bikes though ;)

Reddit just confuses me. Every thread seems like an entrance to a never ending rabbit hole. I think it's an age related thing on my part though ;)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ps. Shred 2 is good!
Very like an mtb version of PUMPED BMX
£17.99 is kinda steep for what is really a ported smartphone game. But I do quite like the millionaire mtb playboy Pilgs. So happy enough to fund a few seconds of his lifestyle ;)

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
Sony is going to produce new PS5 consoles with 6nm chips so I would wait to buy the current revision of PS5 with old 7nm chips and would buy new PS5 revision with new 6nm chips.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
It won't play on the PS, but I just picked this up to gift to a friend this summer. Perhaps a bit of silly apres ride fun.

1620404600250.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks Carl. But tech inn don't actually have any stock. a quick google found unhappy buyers not recieving PS5s from them at all nevermind anywhere near their predicted delivery dates.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Thanks Carl. But tech inn don't actually have any stock. a quick google found unhappy buyers not recieving PS5s from them at all nevermind anywhere near their predicted delivery dates.

It was a pre order date when I checked? Might have to wait but not sure if it’s quicker to try buying elsewhere?

F205ADA5-AE54-4DF0-9C1A-79220A6437BE.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles