Gamers thread

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Is there one already? Had a quick look couldn’t find one.

Anyway, been trying to get a PS5 forever. Kids addicted to Rainbow Six / FIFA etc and I’ve had every PS since the original so thought I’d treat the fam to something new.

Alas, like many things right now, demand far exceeding supply.

Anyone else here into it?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've been trying to get back into it after a long time away from it :

There was a thread with some bits a long time ago .. If I remember correctly @Christian @Gary were playing some game together ... Or considered it.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Havent bothered now for about 2 years ..my boy ( 17 ) does nothing else ( when not doing college work ) ..
We just throw an occasional pizza into the room and he seems happy enough ..
It actually came as a bit of a shock the last time I saw him in person as he had grown a beard / tash & body hair ..hardly recognised him ..

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Gamer is quite a loose term but i think i grew up just as it all started to kick off with online gaming.

Mostly been a PC gamer since around 1999 playing online shooters but as i got a bit older and a lot less competitive tended to play a lot more racing and mmorpg games. When the first lockdown hit i invested in an oculus rift and logitech steering wheel and was doing quite a lot of iracing including taking part in a virtual le mans 24 hours in a group of 4 people. It was pretty cool being able to do this in VR as the time would shift in relation to real time so i started the 2nd stint at night with the headset on and it slowly moved to daylight and when i took the headset off it was morning :)

More recently i have mostly been using the VR for beat saber and stream on twitch just to add another layer to it.

Currently holding off the latest gen of consoles as there aren't enough exclusive games. My pc is capable of better performance. A series X would be nice if only for the seamless transition on some games between playing on the pc and using the big tv in the lounge for the xbox.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
TLOU2 is absolutely mind blowingly awesome [no spoilers]
Was playing Bloodborne before Christmas but got pretty frustrated with its difficulty.
Went back and finished shadow of the colossus in Jan after years since I last played it.
And also went back to metal gear 5 but I'm actually struggling to find enough time to commit to playing something new. I jeep starting games and playing for an hour or so and by the time I return I could do with a refresher course/reminder of what/where I left off.
I have a wheel and pedal set up and love racing games but don't have a lot of time to learn new tracks and just CBA with the modding of cars and set up side to it so rarely play competitively online anymore. But did play Gran Turismo Sport yesterday for the first time in ages for just an hour or so and ended up going down in ranking from twats punting ME off track. Guess ruling decisions have changed since I last played.
I also stepped into Control for half an hour and although the story is pretty confusing so far thought it seemed promising. May well bang.?

What's everyone's PSN?
I'm CAMP_KOALA feel free to add me.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Like Rob I've had every Sony console since the release of the PS1 so I'll def buy a PS5 when you can just pick one up in a shop.
Atari 2600 - Zx Spectrum - C64 - Amiga - super Nintendo - Nintendo 64 before PS

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
One I enjoyed hugely & is probably cheap as chips now is Dying light. It's parcour & zombies in a big old open world with a day night cycle & night time is wild in that game. As you play, you get stronger & better weapons etc. Love that game to bits, so many imaginative ways to kill zombies!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I've been trying to get back into it after a long time away from it :

There was a thread with some bits a long time ago .. If I remember correctly @Christian @Gary were playing some game together ... Or considered it.
The only games I play are avoiding crashing into trees, rocks and resisting the urge to comment on certain posts on this forum. All of which are incredibly hard.
If I was still gaming though Gary would be great fun to have some banter with. He has a thick skin which I like in a person.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
The only games I play are avoiding crashing into trees, rocks and resisting the urge to comment on certain posts on this forum. All of which are incredibly hard.
If I was still gaming though Gary would be great fun to have some banter with. He has a thick skin which I like in a person.
Why would you want to resist the urge to comment?

TPEHAK

Nov 23, 2020
USA Seattle WA
Even PS5 would be available now I would not buy it at the moment because of there are no cool exclusive games on it at the moment. I will probably buy PS5 in a few years when good exclusive videogames will come on PS5. If the video game I am interested on is multiplatform I prefer to play it on PC.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Agree about The Last Of Us 2, a proper epic of a game, I completed 1 and 2 over xmas, it was quite a ride.

Been a gamer since the early 80's, Vic-20, Commodore 64, Mega Drive, SNES (Jap version with dodgy disk loader), PS1, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One and somehow managed to bag a PS5 on release day ?
During lockdown 1 rather than get fit I decided to get really really good at Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, proper grinded it and got right up to the top 1% of players in Hardpoint :LOL:
I'm mainly playing Black Ops Cold War now but I'm not a massive fan, they've changed the scoring so kills are king now and I don't like the mechanics, wish I'd bought MW for my PS5 instead.
Was on Warzone with a mate until 2am this morning, it's such a laugh at times, specially when you get two random players who are good crack.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
there are no cool exclusive games on it at the moment
Destruction all stars looks pretty cool.

One of the big reasons I'll be buying one is the backwards compatibility. I actually still have my PS3 sat above my PS4. Must have 400+ games for that and 200 PS4.
PS5 could replace the PS4 completely so it's sort of a no brainer to upgrade.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Had me in quite a mess more than once ?
The seven year wait was well worth it.
Naughty dog are genius

It's easily the best game I've ever played, how they managed to do the story line was as you say genius.
I also completed Days Gone late last year, a decent game and I think it may still be free with a PS Plus subscription. Decent story and massive open world to explore, plus zombies to slay so what else could you ask for :LOL:

Sean1.0

Aug 2, 2020
Kernowshire
Current favourite game... Animal Crossing on Switch as since xmas as it has delivered unlimited peace and quiet on tap occupying not only the nipper (who also gets to hook up and play with school mates during lockdown) but the also the missus who is hooked on it too.

Nipper just met this new friend called "Kuntz" in a dream ... all she says is "Kuntz"...

1612702729549.png

Preferred Total Annihilation and Half Life myself tho :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I also completed Days Gone late last year, a decent game and I think it may still be free with a PS Plus subscription. Decent story and massive open world to explore, plus zombies to slay so what else could you ask for :LOL:
nah. You have access to all PS+ free subscription games you collect (purchase for free) for the entire time you're a plus member but un collected games expire after the month they become available in is over.
I found Gays Done (as I call it) a bit too repetitive, slow and grindy and I had zero empathy for my dumb moany boyfriend Boozer but percevered as a mate kept telling me to grind it out as it gets way better in the second half. Completed most of the story in the main map and Im now a few missions past the point where you choose to head to the south map region and it still didn't get any better so Gave Up. I may go back to it one day though.
Almost all open world and linear story based games have been a little bit of a let down since GTAV and TLOU raised the bar so high back in 2013 TBH.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
nah. You have access to all PS+ free subscription games you collect (purchase for free) for the entire time you're a plus member but un collected games expire after the month they become available in is over.
I found Gays Done (as I call it) a bit too repetitive, slow and grindy and I had zero empathy for my dumb moany boyfriend Boozer but percevered as a mate kept telling me to grind it out as it gets way better in the second half. Completed most of the story in the main map and Im now a few missions past the point where you choose to head to the south map region and it still didn't get any better so Gave Up. I may go back to it one day though.
Almost all open world and linear story based games have been a little bit of a let down since GTAV and TLOU raised the bar so high back in 2013 TBH.

Ha ha bang on with the description of Days Gone, his mate Boozer was a little bit annoying but I enjoyed it all the same.
In the end I'd completed all the story and was just riding around doing the bandit camps and stuff, I only had some hordes to clear IIRC but it got a bit boring so I packed in.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Big gamer, mainly PC, go back through Atari ST to ZX81. We even had a Pong Clone prior to that in late 70s...

Still have xBox360, xBox One & One X and Nintendo Wii.

A couple of Playstations in the house (son's) PS1, 2 and 4. A Megadrive in the loft.
PCSetup.jpg

Lord of the Rings Online (11 years and counting), The Division 1 and 2, Microsoft Flight Simulator since it came on a single floppy disk, the new one is epic. Elite:Dangerous (as on screen above).

Me flying an F-15 in the Grand Canyon, just last week (really! ;-) )

Last edited:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’m on gtsport PS4 and just got my A dr rating so gary ( CAMP_KOALA) has some practice to do ?
I’m on his friends list so add me m4tt........!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I’m on gtsport PS4 and just got my A dr rating so gary ( CAMP_KOALA) has some practice to do ?
I’m on his friends list so add me m4tt........!
Some? Nah... A shit load. I bought the game at launch and played online tons and reached dr rating A and sportsmanship S for a while a but barely played for a while and when I returned I fell right down to D in no time. Probably didn't help that my daughter and her pals jump on for a shot sometimes when the wheel is set up. :D

What nights/times are you likely to be on?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Some? Nah... A shit load. I bought the game at launch and played online tons and reached dr rating A and sportsmanship S for a while a but barely played for a while and when I returned I fell right down to D in no time. Probably didn't help that my daughter and her pals jump on for a shot sometimes when the wheel is set up. :D

What nights/times are you likely to be on?
Might do a few lobby races tomo night but most eve next week on daily race c at monza looks fun ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles