"Game over man, game over"

Major Stare

May 5, 2021
Nottinghamshire
Currently 3 days into my holiday in Somerset on the Jurassic Coast.
Had a fall, spent 3hrs in A&E. Have a bust ankle, lump of flesh missing from my elbow and now on crutches.

So no MTB riding for me for 4-6 weeks?.

Stay safe everyone.

PXL_20210831_104516846.jpg

PXL_20210831_113651174.jpg

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
That's crap man. I thought I had it bad with my broken arm, but a least I don't have crutches! There always someone worse off.
Did you find any dinosaur bones?

I hope you heal up soon.?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
What a bummer, and on your hols too! :(

A week after my first mtb and helmet arrived, and the day after my first mtb skills course, I did a Superman OTB on a gravity assisted gravel track. I ended up with deep gouges on my knees and elbows. Oh and a brand new broken helmet. This was 2 days before we went to the Lake District for a week of normal walking about holiday. No matter what the weather, it was shorts and tee shirts because I could not stand to have the fabric straining against the dressings. I grew bored with the well meaning questions from people I had never met, typically addressed to my wife/carer... "has he had a fall?" FFS!!! I did not "have a fall" that happens to old people, I crashed my 'effin' mountain bike!!! I was 57 at the time. That's not old. :cry:

Get well soon @Major Stare :)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Im hoping you took a trip from your Somerset campsite to the South Devon coast ( given that Somerset has no Jurassic Coastline!!) .....the alternative being that you are disorientated and also banged your head!! Ankle looks angry...get well soon.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Im hoping you took a trip from your Somerset campsite to the South Devon coast ( given that Somerset has no Jurassic Coastline!!) .....the alternative being that you are disorientated and also banged your head!! Ankle looks angry...get well soon.

Bream to Minehead is Somerset’s Jurassic Coast

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Honestly sorry to hear that. I can't help with preventing future broken ankles, but these might help prevent getting sore elbows. I just purchased them and they saved my arm/elbow at the weekend. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Major Stare

May 5, 2021
Nottinghamshire
Back home on Saturday night, will cut my nails, promise ?
Can't see me biking for 4-6 weeks and depending on the check up in 4 weeks for the torn ligaments.

Metamucil

Aug 16, 2021
I have been riding MTB for near 20 years and got past crashing. I rode pretty slow tech stuff and could usually just run out of my crashes. That and i've never been a big fast riding drop and jumper. The dozen or so times I've ridden my e-mtb I've been wrecking like never before only now it is at higher speed. Thought I broke my clavicle on Monday and it turns out my shoulder only dislocated partway, tearing a bunch of ligaments. So 2 weeks down instead of the 6+ clavicle break. I will be a lot more cautious when I get back on I think.

My problem is I get cocky with just launching off of rocks, etc. Then I try to throw my bike around in the air like my lightweight MTB and that doesn't pan out. The e-mtb is just SO much faster riding, but it is more of a point and shooter.

imax

Oct 21, 2021
New Zealand
Speedy recovery. I try send it max on the uphill tech climbs and ride with caution. I stay away from DH as there are no spare parts available. Love my MagPeds as an all rounder on the XC A lines

20210723_203923.jpg

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
IMAX pleas tell us about that bottle cage and tool holder.
I kept the adaptor on my CO2 cartridge ..but it somehow wound itself in and left me "airless" when I needed it :mad:.
now keep it separate. ;)

Major Stare

May 5, 2021
Nottinghamshire
I am off crutches, swelling is 99% gone and I'm wearing an ankle strap during the day.
Last weekend I managed 9 miles on a blue route. Peddling is fine with the ankle strap although I do feel like I have lost the sensation of feeling the peddle under my foot?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles