Gaint wouldn't sell me a 32T CR LOL

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Giant would not sell me a 32T version of the OEM chainring for my Trance X.

Giant said something
that being a Dr of Stupid
I can really appreciate

To paraphrase 'The OEM Chainring
couldn't possibly be worn out, and changing the gearing would alter performance'.

No shit?

And all along, I've been thinking that when I shift gears the gearing changes? My goodness I have so much to learn.

Is this like bike censorship?

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
Giant would not sell me a 32T version of the OEM chainring for my Trance X.

Giant said something
that being a Dr of Stupid
I can really appreciate

To paraphrase 'The OEM Chainring
couldn't possibly be worn out, and changing the gearing would alter performance'.

No shit?

And all along, I've been thinking that when I shift gears the gearing changes? My goodness I have so much to learn.

Is this like bike censorship?
Lol, are you sure it was Giant and not Facebook or Twitter you were emailing? Sounds like something one of those jack asses would say. ?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
But seriously, do folks actually peddle 50 lb. bicycles 10, 15, and even 20 MPH over the assist limit as the OEM gearing would suggest?

OEM
Screenshot_20210116-065132_DuckDuckGo.jpg

[email protected]

Screenshot_20210116-071348_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I've recently installed a 30T CR that I had laying around. This 30T CR is direct bolt like the OEM, but the offset is poor? and the chain will rub the lower chainstay when slapping in the lower gears.

I'd prefer the 32T CR and I'm waiting to install one, but I lost my stash of CR bolts?

Both 30T and 32T seem more appropriate for a trail bike, than the OEM 36 CR? but who am I to judge.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Lol, are you sure it was Giant and not Facebook or Twitter you were emailing? Sounds like something one of those jack asses would say. ?
I'm not going to reveal my sources, but the "big guy" contacted headquarters for me directly in California, so who knows. It could have been anybody in his rolodex.
20210116_075412.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles