FRUSTRATED ! Connectivity issues with Mission control with my Kenevo

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
Hi all ,

"FRUSTRATED"

I have just had a new motor installed under warranty ( main bearings ) however on my first ride yesterday I noticed i had lost all my preset perameter settings for eco, trail and turbo. My bike was derestricted but now very quickly reaches the point of not doing much assistance at all. The bike is only 10 months old and not had a hard life at all.

I went into Mission control to check things out but kept loosing connection every 10 - 15 seconds I couldn't get to check or change things .

Had a look online how to use the Light Blue app ( used to originally derestrict it with ) , changed the perameter to 02002003 which should in theory reset the wheel size in mission control to 700 ( 27.5) to find it always there as 2000 !

So I thought a reboot was needed ...... I disconnected the bike on Mission control to hopefully reconnect only now I find the app is not even finding the bike at all , I can find my other half's Kenevo but no longer mine.

So here are the facts:

Before I took the bike into the dealer for the motor exchange:

1. Bike worked fine all apps working
2. After motor change , lost all connectivity and access to apps including BLevo
3. Bike is restricted but wasn't before.

I am under the impression when derestricting it's the battery not the motor that has parameters altered , right or wrong ?

Any help how to get this all back to good working order greatly appreciated .

Chris

shawry

Aug 13, 2019
Catterick Camp
Surely its the motor you derestrict, and because of that you'll probably find you are are unable to derestrict via an app. Have you reinstalled your apps? If not I'd try that too.

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
Surely its the motor you derestrict, and because of that you'll probably find you are are unable to derestrict via an app. Have you reinstalled your apps? If not I'd try that too.

Yes I’ve tried that too , whilst at the dealers on Friday their mechanic told me it was the battery that controlled the perameters so I’m just guessing at it now.

Made the decision to hit the road this morning and do the 2 hour journey back to the shop , hoping they can sort it out .

Appreciate your comment though , any further thoughts guys keep them coming I’d like as much knowledge prior to arriving at the shop .

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I guess when they put the new motor in they reset the battery\settings to configure it up.

You'd think your phone Bluetooth settings would still recognise the battery as the same device. Maybe check your Bluetooth settings and delete your bike and start from scratch... Just odd that it connects then drops.. sounds more like your phone's Bluetooth dropping the connection

Andy Moray

May 21, 2019
Moray
Hi all ,

"FRUSTRATED"

I have just had a new motor installed under warranty ( main bearings ) however on my first ride yesterday I noticed i had lost all my preset perameter settings for eco, trail and turbo. My bike was derestricted but now very quickly reaches the point of not doing much assistance at all. The bike is only 10 months old and not had a hard life at all.

I went into Mission control to check things out but kept loosing connection every 10 - 15 seconds I couldn't get to check or change things .

Had a look online how to use the Light Blue app ( used to originally derestrict it with ) , changed the perameter to 02002003 which should in theory reset the wheel size in mission control to 700 ( 27.5) to find it always there as 2000 !

So I thought a reboot was needed ...... I disconnected the bike on Mission control to hopefully reconnect only now I find the app is not even finding the bike at all , I can find my other half's Kenevo but no longer mine.

So here are the facts:

Before I took the bike into the dealer for the motor exchange:

1. Bike worked fine all apps working
2. After motor change , lost all connectivity and access to apps including BLevo
3. Bike is restricted but wasn't before.

I am under the impression when derestricting it's the battery not the motor that has parameters altered , right or wrong ?

Any help how to get this all back to good working order greatly appreciated .

Chris
I had some issues with tuning ( different to your problems I know) but the issue was the wrong form ware. Got it updated and problem resolved.

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
I can never get Mission Control to connect now. Tried about 20 times a week or so back. Tried eGenesis last week and connects first time everytime. Interestingly, when I last managed to get Mission Control to connect it said battery health was 100% (I'd just had a firmware update). eGenesis disagrees and says its 92%....

chris edwards

Nov 24, 2018
Lowestoft
UPDATE:

Thank you for the comments guys , we have finally returned after a 4 hour round trip to the shop we bought our Kenevo's from , my other half's bike was OK but we took it along as a comparison. When we arrived they immediately plugged my bike into their dealer only diagnostic pack to see there was an issue with the firmware. After a minute of switching bike and Mission Control on and off they uploaded a new version of firmware which Specialized only released last week ( End of October 2019 )

This enabled the bike and mission control to be constant again which enabled me to use Light Blue to reconfigure parameters the new code needed being 02002003 .

If you look at wheel size in Mission Control the default size is 2300mm ( Mahoooooosive imaginary wheel ! ) The new version of Mission Control will show the changed size via Light Blue as 2000mm which is still a long way off 800mm which it should be for good derestriction.

I tested the bike up and down the road outside and hey presto my beloved Ken was back to full beast mode ! Now .... why does it show up as 2000 on wheel size on the new version of Mission Control ? who knows , when we checked the wheel size on my bike with an old version of Mission Control it shows it as "800" . We double checked everything by resetting once again to confirm everything good the proceeded to upload the latest firmware to my other half Kenevo just incase her bike runs into similar issues in the near future.

I seriously hope this thread will help others in the future if struggling at home with these issues in the future .

The moral here is : support your bricks and mortar dealers their back up is so valuable , it seemed a real faff this morning facing all that driving again especially after doing the journey two days ago to have the new motor put in but all of that was worth getting my back back to perfect ..... I can now put it up for sale with a clean bill of health and dealer assured work completed #everyoneshappy !

NOTE:

I need to emphasise the dealers had no doing in us derestricting our bikes this was done by us using Light Blue. (y)

Digcon

Nov 2, 2018
Rotherham
Any idea if will on my 2020 Kenevo
The reading in lite blue are different on the 2019 to the 2020 before you change them
ECC2BB7F-019A-41C3-A73B-16CA2A0A31EF.jpeg

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
The wheel size is circumference not diameter.

2000 is roughly what a 27.5” wheel is, 2300 is for 29” wheels. If you want accurate speed and distance recording then measure the wheel circumference while sat on the bike and roll it forward.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
...to nearest round figures 2200 ( 27.5) and 2300 (29) surely? Pi x D (and converted to mm)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles