Front chainring cleaning

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
After a rather muddy ride the most difficult part of the bike to clean is around the small Bosch chainring (cx motor)

I’m picking out mud, leaves, twigs etc.
What’s the best way to clean this area?

Is it ok to spray a bit of water in there while scraping away with a suitable plastic tool? I’m just worried that using too much water in this area might cause water ingress and a visit to the bearing man.

Any thoughts?

Jan 11, 2019
Thirsk
After a rather muddy ride the most difficult part of the bike to clean is around the small Bosch chainring (cx motor)

I’m picking out mud, leaves, twigs etc.
What’s the best way to clean this area?

Is it ok to spray a bit of water in there while scraping away with a suitable plastic tool? I’m just worried that using too much water in this area might cause water ingress and a visit to the bearing man.

Any thoughts?
I use an old paint brush that I have cut down with a gentle wash using a watering can and following some advice from a post on the general forum use a leaf blower to get rid of any water

Last edited:

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
I use a cassette cleaning brush and soapy water, followed by a squirt of GT85.
2 or 3 times per year I also remove the sprocket, plastic ring and pack behind the plastic ring with grease to stop crap getting in the bearing. ?so far so good.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I use a cassette cleaning brush and soapy water, followed by a squirt of GT85.
2 or 3 times per year I also remove the sprocket, plastic ring and pack behind the plastic ring with grease to stop crap getting in the bearing. ?so far so good.

How easy is it to pull all that stuff off? Any special tools?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles