From the mouths of babes...

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Never would have thought of this myself as WALK says it all and that's what you do, but whilst showing my ebike to a bunch of mates, some with their kids, one of the little ones said "So can you ride it in the walk mode?".
We tried it and sure enough you can, who would have guessed. Like I said in the title, from the mouths of babes.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
A throttle can be a handy accessory. There are people that abuse terrain using solely throttles every day in two-4wheel sports. It's the pedaling that is part of riding a bicycle, not just gassing it, that gets your Endo's on.

But for taking off and getting settled in quick and easy, the odd blip in a rock garden, starting out again after miffing in difficult terrain, and of course as a walk assist. In all situations the throttle only aids in allowing you to easily activate the PAS then released.

Without getting all politic the EU regs against having a throttle on a bike that have created the Class laws here in the US due to the fact that a major % of the popular bikes are of EU heritage with China's help of course. We have always been allowed them here and so it is easier to think about a throttle if it is at least legal.....Not alot of love for Class 2 here in the States but I am happy to be a 2nd. class citizen.

Meanwhile in China all their eBikes have throttles and they probably think it's weird that they are making bikes without them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles