Frame sets and not whole bikes? - Discuss

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think spesh have this 100% covered already with a range of different priced rolling chassis you can buy with lots of jucy freebies attached for you to sell to help fund your build.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
There are Chinese companies who will sell you a frame only. And they probably supply some of the main manufacturers in any case. Mind you that was BC (before corona).

Yes, but would you buy a white label MTB let alone a EMTB?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Who do you think makes the frames for the main big brands?
Pixies ? with great welding abilities (most of the time .. though the blind one handed pixies and often subcontracted onto certain lapierre builds) .. and pixies who love splashing around in resin baths with big black beach towels ?

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
*sigh*

Who do you think makes the frames for the main big brands?

Of course but when you buy a brand it’s up to them to deal with the level of quality control etc that they define. That’s the value they add as a third party. And Gary, I’m not an idiot Sheesh. It’s not always something so anonymous though. Merida make the Specialized stuff in Taiwan. Interestingly I have a Raleigh USA road frame here from 1987 made there too.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Of course but when you buy a brand it’s up to them to deal with the level of quality control etc that they define. That’s the value they add as a third party.
No it isn't
it's up to YOU to choose a factory with the attention to detail and quality control YOU are happy with. whether you're "fivetones off the internet" or the CEO of Specialized

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Why do you even bother with this forum @Gary? I actually value some of the knowledge you bring here but you do it such an ungracious way. It’s a real pity.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I’m not an idiot Sheesh. It’s not always something so anonymous though.
this made me laugh.
:LOL:

I know you're not an idiot, I don't even think you're naive. You do seem to ask a lot of questions that you could probably work out pretty easily for yourself if you simply thought about the subject a little longer before typing.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Why do you even bother with this forum @Gary? I actually value some of the knowledge you bring here but you do it such an ungracious way. It’s a real pity.
Why do you take everything so seriously? And why do you crave graciousness in reply?
it's such a pity ;)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
this made me laugh.
:LOL:

I know you're not an idiot, I don't even think you're naive. You do seem to ask a lot of questions that you could probably work out pretty easily for yourself if you simply thought about the subject a little longer before typing.

OK, instead of all the little snipes start a thread that engages people maybe? It’s easy to knock people and talk down to them in a bid to ease a clear insecurity about something, it’s much harder to build a sense of online community. This isn’t PinkBike man.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Boys, there's enough stress and worry going on all around at the moment without getting wound up with each others nuances ..

FT (Mike... :) ) You know by now that you have to read all of @Gary's comments in a scottish accent and then they sound normal ..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
@Fivetones. I've genuinely no idea why my replys have upset you so much. I'm not attacking you. But simply replying honestly with a little homour thrown in. Maybe too dry/dark for your taste... meh. (We're not all the same)
I don't get stressed online ever. There's no point. and as Zims has said. There are far greater things in life to worry about.
This place is just light distraction. NOTHING about bicycles actually matters. Pinkbike is the same. I don't even have a PB account but reading the comments there it's ALWAYS the serious stress heads who ruin it, not the gentle piss takers.

Peace bro

winsail

Aug 23, 2022
This is an old hopefully not dead thread I hope to resurrect. I really prefer to build my own bike on a frameset that's new. Are there any quality brands selling EMTB framesets only? Please post what's happening now since the last post here was in 2020. Thanks in advance.! I don't want a bare frame without motor and battery because frames are specific to a motor and battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles