Fox X2 Shock Fitment Issues - Turbo Levo

PumpKing

Dec 3, 2019
CA
Hello all,

I'm having a hell of a time fitting my new Fox X2 210x55 shock onto my '20 Turbo Levo. The shock eyelets are slightly thicker on one end compared to the other, forcing me to mount it in one direction, with the external reservoir mounted towards the front of the bike. Unfortunately, this causes an issue because the rear of the bike can't fully compress otherwise the air valve hits the frame about 3/4 of the way into the stroke. If I try to flip the shock 180*, the eyelets are too thick with the flipchip to slide into the wishbone mount.

I know someone's fitted an X2 onto their Turbo Levo. Unfortunately I can't find any helpful pics or information because this forum doesn't allow you to search 2 letter words.

Can anyone help assist on what I need to do?

11A20939-EF8B-43D3-9897-637E0C9BA565.jpeg

98AC8830-6210-4DCF-B8E8-FB5750EADE42.jpeg

PumpKing

Dec 3, 2019
CA
FIXED.

I ended up putting the shock on a vice, took the wishbone off the bike, put a punch into it and pried it open just enough to slide the the shock with flipchip inserts in and tightened it all up.

PumpKing

Dec 3, 2019
CA
I’m not sure why, but when I rotated the canister, I couldn't spin it enough to allow the eyelet to line up. I like how it sits on your bike better than mine.

I ended up orienting it as below. With the flipchip set to LOW, the shock nor tire hits anywhere on the bike with the 55mm stroke. Im excited to give it a try with the new shock. Last part of the build is the 2020 Fox 36 grip2 160. Unfortunately it’s backordered until Feb24.

Side note, I’ve put 230psi into the canister in order to get 23-25%sag (13mm), and I only weigh 140lb. That doesn’t seem right. Any thoughts?

B7A1EDC7-E80B-449F-9E9B-B5A1EA30F62A.jpeg

F5B0AB96-C1DE-4FEC-AD98-D4D7DC2D7A93.jpeg

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
You need to fit like in your 2nd pic (air can at the bottom) and just rotate the air can 180 degrees so the air valve sits on the outside of the frame

Cant see why you had any trouble with the eyelets, my 210 x55 X2 shock went straight on with no problems on my 2020 expert

When searching use the keywords Fox X2 shock and it works

2019 Levo + Fox X2 Shock. No one seems to know if it fits, but i will... - EMTB Forums
Hi, I'm installing an X2 on my '19 Levo, did you get a mounting hardware? Can I use Rockshok's front spacers to install the X2?

Zedaspedras

Aug 11, 2020
Portugal
Thanks so much!

One more question, is there any way to rotate the valves so that I still can use my bottle cage?
There are only 2 positions for the valve that are 180 degrees apart. You have to rotate the entire canister. there's a thread tha shows the wrong position and the right one

Gabypb

Nov 8, 2019
Ecuador
There are only 2 positions for the valve that are 180 degrees apart. You have to rotate the entire canister. there's a thread tha shows the wrong position and the right one
Thanks, I rode my Levo today for the first time with the new suspensions. It gave me much more confidence. I’m still a newbie, but eager to learn.
BE4A38B6-2667-41D9-9D3A-84F05D2EFB98.jpeg

Patrick_MATB

Apr 14, 2021
Mannheim Germany
Hi everybody I have no Levo but Levo SL Comp Carbon and bought also the new FLOAT X2 2022 Shock and tried to install it and I hope I had use the correct bushings. I bought the 20mm width within the 5pcs FOX bishing kit. So I installed the the yellow/beige bushing with flunsh and put the o rings on it and at the end I put the small caps with the four small round plugs (picture IMG-6039.PNG ) on it into the shock eye. Did I install it correctly? thanks a lot for your support guys. I had previously the kit without the small black end cap and only the bigger spacer caps and with them the width was more than 20mm so I thought to buy the 5pcs set with smaller black end cap with the 4 small round "plugs" (picture IMG-6039.PNG ) on it. It seems to be fit correctly in my frame but I want to be on the safe site. Furthermore I have currently the "issue" that when I sit on my bike that I can hear a quiete sandcrushing sound within the shock eye at the top when it is installed within the frame. I'm a bit scared that the Bolt which keep the shock in the frame that thread from frame whole is damaged or filled with a bit of sand or sth like this. or is that sound normal? With my previous fox float dps I mean do not have this sound. thank you in advance for your help

121FF6D7-1D40-426D-B8F4-967F37CC1049.JPG

IMG-6038.jpg

IMG-6039.PNG

IMG-6044.PNG

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi everybody I have no Levo but Levo SL Comp Carbon and bought also the new FLOAT X2 2022 Shock and tried to install it and I hope I had use the correct bushings. I bought the 20mm width within the 5pcs FOX bishing kit. So I installed the the yellow/beige bushing with flunsh and put the o rings on it and at the end I put the small caps with the four small round plugs (picture IMG-6039.PNG ) on it into the shock eye. Did I install it correctly? thanks a lot for your support guys. I had previously the kit without the small black end cap and only the bigger spacer caps and with them the width was more than 20mm so I thought to buy the 5pcs set with smaller black end cap with the 4 small round "plugs" (picture IMG-6039.PNG ) on it. It seems to be fit correctly in my frame but I want to be on the safe site. Furthermore I have currently the "issue" that when I sit on my bike that I can hear a quiete sandcrushing sound within the shock eye at the top when it is installed within the frame. I'm a bit scared that the Bolt which keep the shock in the frame that thread from frame whole is damaged or filled with a bit of sand or sth like this. or is that sound normal? With my previous fox float dps I mean do not have this sound. thank you in advance for your help

View attachment 58563

View attachment 58564

View attachment 58565

View attachment 58566
You need a m6x20mm. That doesn't look right, it should be flush with the mount. Why didn't you use the one that came stock with DPS?

Patrick_MATB

Apr 14, 2021
Mannheim Germany
You need a m6x20mm. That doesn't look right, it should be flush with the mount. Why didn't you use the one that came stock with DPS?
Hi , i used the 6x20mm Bushing and according to the litte width from the "yellow" bushing (with the normal DU Bushing you have this not) I needed to use the small black end caps with the four dots on it. The previous two black end caps were too wide and therefore the 20mm max. width couldn't be reached. I searched for some similar pictures (see attached). Or do you say, that this is not correctly the fitting?

I thought the DU Bushing is older and worse. I was a bit confused that in my new Levo SL was installed the older Bushing system.

Thank you for your help
Greetings
Patrick

unnamed.png

MBag85

Feb 7, 2021
United Kingdom
Hi , i used the 6x20mm Bushing and according to the litte width from the "yellow" bushing (with the normal DU Bushing you have this not) I needed to use the small black end caps with the four dots on it. The previous two black end caps were too wide and therefore the 20mm max. width couldn't be reached. I searched for some similar pictures (see attached). Or do you say, that this is not correctly the fitting?

I thought the DU Bushing is older and worse. I was a bit confused that in my new Levo SL was installed the older Bushing system.

Thank you for your help
Greetings
Patrick

View attachment 60478
Have a look at offsetbushing.com , put your bike model in and they will tell you what you need. I ordered the below in m6x20mm and its perfect.
1620028275489.png

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Just following this up as fitted a 2021 x2 to my 2020 Levo Large today without any problems.

I bought the 20x6 mounting hardware, flip chip in low position, it slotted right in fine.

Mounting kit is:

Part number: 803-03-327 (ref 214-08-026) (Fox Rear Shock Mount Hardware M6 x 20.00mm) or 6mm x20mm/0.787

Fox Rear Shock Mount Hardware M6 x 20.00mm

Note: I didnt use the mounting hardware from my DPS as the DPS has the older metal sleeve instead of the newer white polymer sleeves, and couldn’t be bothered to try to press out the old sleeve for reuse.

E8DC9F35-C745-4B80-B9BC-10744536D89D.jpeg

Last edited:

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
This is the tune which I have: 2021, FLOAT X2, F-S, K, 2pos-Adj, FOX, AM, 210, 55, CL, RM, Rezi BV3

Its spot on has 3 volume spacers. Lovely and plush around sag point, climbs excellently. Drop into something bigger with drops and roots - it truly excels.

I’ve only ridden one gen3 levo with the stock Specialized tune but this feels much more progressive and forgiving for harder riding. The Specialized tune felt more numb.

I’d say its very very close to a dhx2 coil on the downhills and climbs as good as my dps did. I dont notice the weight difference but its a heavy bike anyhow.

I went with pretty much fully open compression and rebound from fox’s tuning guide.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles