Fox X2 Does it fit?

markm

Nov 26, 2019
South Africa
Does anyone know whether the Fox X2 Shock will fit into the 2019/20 Turbo Levo Comp size Medium (Alu frameset)?
Worried there is not enough tolerance within the support strut of the frame for the large X2 aircan.

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
As said do a search and you will see

I fitted one from another frame (wrong stroke and length for a Levo) just to see if it cleared the support strut on my large Levo

All was good so Ive gone ahead and ordered a 210x55 (Levo uses 210x52.5) from TFTuned today for £709

markm

Nov 26, 2019
South Africa

I fitted one from another frame (wrong stroke and length for a Levo) just to see if it cleared the support strut on my large Levo

All was good so Ive gone ahead and ordered a 210x55 (Levo uses 210x52.5) from TFTuned today for £709
I did see the article post where the guy fitted the X2 to a Med. Levo but his was a carbon frame..mine is Alu frame so not sure whether the strut will get in the way? Expensive mistake if it does..

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
no, it fits. juts tough to get in without lifting up of the rear wheel a bit, insert the yoke (back) side first. Also you can run a 210x55 shock without issues increasing the travel a little at peak bottom out

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
My 210x55 FOX X2 arrives from TFTuned today

Also got a Shockwiz in the Black Friday sales so its going to be a suspension set up weekend

Bryan Wells

Jul 31, 2019
Washington
you will find you want to use most all the volume spacers due to the linear bike that is a levo, run lsc a bit firm, and open up low speed rebounds a little

PumpKing

Dec 3, 2019
CA

Do you know how much of a travel increase there is with the longer stroke? With the overall length being the same, does it change any of the geometry?

markm

Nov 26, 2019
South Africa
Do you know how much of a travel increase there is with the longer stroke? With the overall length being the same, does it change any of the geometry?
Will increase the travel to about 158mm. No change in geometry as the eye to eye remains 210mm. There is enough clearance to run the extra travel.

markm

Nov 26, 2019
South Africa
no, it fits. juts tough to get in without lifting up of the rear wheel a bit, insert the yoke (back) side first. Also you can run a 210x55 shock without issues increasing the travel a little at peak bottom out
Cheers Bryan. Now to find an X2 deal...

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Rear shock has been set up by TFTuned so will leave it as it is for now, will concentrate on the forks with the shockwiz this weekend

When you fit the X2 and use the old shocks mounting kit did you find that the two black spacers wont allow you to fit the shock to the frame?

I cant get my X2 to fit using the two black spacers, the X2's eye looks to be wider than the Levo expert's DPS shock's eye

Ive just fitted the two bushings and rubber o rings and the alloy centre shaft and the whole assembly just slides in, no room to fit the black spacers

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles