Fox DPX2 on 2019 Turbo Levo

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Hi all,

I have been searching in the forum around using the DPX2 on the 2019 Levo and it whilst there are quite a few discussions around it i couldn't find what I needed.

I've been in touch with both TFtuned and Silverfish with regards to buying the shock and from what I believed I needed to get the 210 x 55 shock which would need the travel adjusting down to 52.5. I asked Silverfish if they would adjust a shock if I sent it to them and what it would cost (there is currently a shock on ebay for £425 ono). I was advised by Silverfish that they have the shock in stock at the correct length and whilst it is not listed on the website I can order over the phone, part number is 973-63-094. I have looked it up and sure enough this would appear to be for the Stumpjumper, it is however listed as a 210 x 50 shock. So my question is would this be ok or would I lose travel?

In addition to this I would like to ask those that have fitted this shock to their Levo is it a good choice and do you notice any difference from the factory fitted DPS, it's not exactly cheap and I want to be sure. I'm running the DTswiss F535 forks so the shock was next on the list.

Thanks

Jon

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
I have just got the FLOAT DPX2 Factory EVOL 210x52,5 (2019 Turbo Levo) on my 2019 FSR Expert and had it and the new Fox forks just set up for me by the guys at Plush, part of Brink cycles next to Chicksands. First impressions are that it's definitely better and more plush than the stock RockShox Deluxe RT3, which is a great shock anyway. Much more controlled than the RT3, and loads of adjustment to play with.

IMG_5534.JPG

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Hey Adam! Your bike looks nearly the same as mine ?

With the fox dropper will it take the 170mm as mine is an XL with a 160mm dropper stock and if I changed over I didn’t want to lose that 10mm?

AdamDuckworth

Mar 3, 2019
Northamptonshire, UK
You may be in luck! I bought the fox transfer Kashima dropper in 175mm which fits an XLfrane. But it’s too long fior mine as it’s a medium so I had to buy another. So I have a brand new 2019 fox Kashima post in 175mm if you’re interested. In the box, all instructions etc. £300 so you’d save £80. Interested?

GuyBerry

Sep 26, 2018
Belgium
I have just got the FLOAT DPX2 Factory EVOL 210x52,5 (2019 Turbo Levo) on my 2019 FSR Expert and had it and the new Fox forks just set up for me by the guys at Plush, part of Brink cycles next to Chicksands. First impressions are that it's definitely better and more plush than the stock RockShox Deluxe RT3, which is a great shock anyway. Much more controlled than the RT3, and loads of adjustment to play with.
Do you have a smaller wheel in the front, or is it just the optics?

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Congrats, any feedback on how it rides?
From the shop to the van it felt great :). Will be out on it tomorrow at swinley. Initial thoughts are that it feels like it needs less input to move but that could just be psychological. They said in the shop that it’s custom tuned for ebikes so I’m looking forward to giving it a run.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
17 miles done with the DPX2 today at swinley, both red and blue done and even some faffing about on a couple of drops and jumps. The DPX2 certainly felt better than the factory fitted dps. Maybe it was psychological but I felt like I had more confidence and was going a bit faster. I also found myself looking for roots etc. In any case I am really pleased with the upgrade and highly recommend it. Pop down to see Chris at Berkshire cycles and get yourself one if you haven’t already.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Simple question but with the DPX2 fitted can you still run a bottle in the cage. I run the F36 and DPX2 on my Yeti and would love to upgrade to the same on my FSR Expert.

Rich-Baillon

Jul 19, 2019
UK
Im struggling to find a bottle small enough to fit with the dpx2 on my levo.
I was in Liesure Lakes on Sunday and they had some quite small bottles in there, probably half the normal full size. I don’t mind a pack for longer rides but much prefer a bottle option for shorter local rides.

benhughes132

Jul 2, 2019
Scarborough
LBS saying still waiting on spokes which are having to come from Holland :unsure: Im guessing another week or so wait but its driving me mad not been able to use it.

Im considering ordering the new Hope Fortus 35s but need some help. Choices of steel or aluminium freehub, or XD freehub. Which one do I need anyone know ?

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
LBS saying still waiting on spokes which are having to come from Holland :unsure: Im guessing another week or so wait but its driving me mad not been able to use it.

Im considering ordering the new Hope Fortus 35s but need some help. Choices of steel or aluminium freehub, or XD freehub. Which one do I need anyone know ?
Based on experience I highly recommend the steel version if possible. Ali is too soft and the power that goes via the freehub will quickly destroy the Ali version. Whether you need the XD driver or net depends on the cassette on your bike, usually it is the 12 speed SRAM that needs a XD.

Karsten

Mattwilko92

Aug 22, 2018
Staffordshire, UK

Im running the Steel hub option
IMG_1547.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles