Fox attack range

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Really need a mid layer and come across the fox attack fire range. Really nice, but damn expensive. Anyone any experience of them?

They seem mega thin, but with a weird material.

Fox Attack Pro Water Jacket Black £117.99
20181214_141349.jpeg

Screenshot_20181214-171634_Chrome.jpeg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
The attack Pro above, is super thin with a weird material on the inside. The guys in the shop said it's not been cold enough to use, as they're really hot. At 50% off it's still £110!!! Now the normal attack fire, is more manageable and I've had inside information from one of Santa's elves, that I've been good enough.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have seen this before on another forum and I wondered then. Why is a waterproof shell termed a "mid layer"? The term waterproof implies it is an outer layer, because what would you put on top of it? :unsure:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The confusion here stems from @All Mountain Coaching posting an enquiry about a mid layer but posting pics of two Fox Attack rain jackets and a link to a Fox attack polartec jacket.

The entire Fox Attack range is pretty huge but everything with the word "jacket" attached to it is an outer layer not a mid layer. some are waterproof/resistant others wind resistant others neither but they're all jackets.
Fox's attack mid layers are named "Jerseys"

hope this helps someone somewhere.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yeah Gary is right, I'd posted the wrong link. It's the fox attack fire:
Fox Attack Pro Fire Jacket Red £114.99

There's wind, fire, water.

I did try on the fox water. Also a very nice jacket, but again, silly money. If money no object....

Anyway I've got a £6 trespass skin that folds to nothing for the waterproof times. But boy it sweats. I'd rather just get wet, cause it'll get you anyway. I've found no jackets to be fully waterproof.

Here's the fox attack water...
IMG-20181214-WA0017.jpeg

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I'm really disappointed in this jacket. I wore it riding for the first time this week. The chin strap of my helmet catches on the zip covering flap, when moving head side to side. It's really off putting.

I've tried adjusting the strap, same happens. Only way to stop it is to unzip the jacket a good way. Which kinda defeats the purpose of a cold weather jacket. I'll be selling it and replacing with the attack Pro if it's still available and doesn't suffer the same issues.

Design fault?!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles