Levo Gen 2 Fox 36 150mm to 160mm air shaft?

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
So am I right in thinking the fox 36 performance forks of 150mm on my 2020 turbo Levo carbon expert use a 34 air shaft due to the fact it’s an ebike? I read that ebike fox 36 uses 34 and if so can I just buy this Fox 34 air shaft 160mm to turn my 150 forks into the widely regarded better 160mm travel?

Is this the best cheapest way to upgrade my forks to make the geometry inline with the 2021 models?

thanks in advance

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
They're standard Fox 36 forks. If you want to double check, remove the top of the air side leg and look at the colour of the tokens. Standard Fox 36 forks have orange tokens and the emtb version take the green ones from the 34.

SparkleHedgehog

Dec 11, 2021
Coningsby, UK
They're standard Fox 36 forks. If you want to double check, remove the top of the air side leg and look at the colour of the tokens. Standard Fox 36 forks have orange tokens and the emtb version take the green ones from the 34.
Thanks. You’ve both said the same thing but I wanna check the number of tokens anyway so good idea thank you

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
It'll have two tokens in it.......and you'll take one out when you fit the 160mm air spring if you want to keep the same characteristics.

How does that work?

With more available travel , doesn't it make sense to go less pressure + an extra token ? Ie plusher initial stroke, similar midstroke support , within the limits of the same bottom put resistance ?

If you go extra travel then remove a token, that means running extra pressure for the same bottom out resistance, losing plushness???

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
With more available travel , doesn't it make sense to go less pressure + an extra token ? Ie plusher initial stroke, similar midstroke support , within the limits of the same bottom put resistance ?

If you go extra travel then remove a token, that means running extra pressure for the same bottom out resistance, losing plushness???

That's what I thought until I saw the difference between the air shafts - the piston still starts at the same position within the stanchion so if you keep the two tokens, the fork would behave exactly the same as the 150mm air shaft .......so if you were getting 140mm travel on a particular trail feature previously, you'd get exactly the same 140mm travel with the 160 air shaft. Taking out the token increases the internal volume so if you were to use the same pressure, you'd be nearer 150mm travel at that same feature.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles