Found this interesting, particularly the part about IBS markups.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
If I was the powersports dealer reading this... I'd be looking to renegotiate the deal. All the requirements but less profit than IBS? This totally sweet deal just to hand over your customers . Lol.

Quoted from text
"""
Powered vehicle dealers are accustomed to smaller margins than IBDs, but also are accustomed to receiving labor credits for performing warranty service. Specialized offers something in between, Leiken said. He said offering powersport dealers typical IBD margins might have encouraged discounting.

"We thought it was best to adapt to something closer to what they are accustomed to," Leiken said.

"""

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
If I was the powersports dealer reading this... I'd be looking to renegotiate the deal. All the requirements but less profit than IBS? This totally sweet deal just to hand over your customers . Lol.

Quoted from text
"""
Powered vehicle dealers are accustomed to smaller margins than IBDs, but also are accustomed to receiving labor credits for performing warranty service. Specialized offers something in between, Leiken said. He said offering powersport dealers typical IBD margins might have encouraged discounting.

"We thought it was best to adapt to something closer to what they are accustomed to," Leiken said.

"""

But they probably won't be burdened with all of the bullshit that brands place on IBS/LBS requiring them to carry accessories, clothing, and so on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles