Forum Advertising

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi all,

We're now the worlds most active EMTB community. With that there's quite a few businesses that are popping up, which is awesome to see.

Until now it's been pretty free / relaxed to promote a business here on the forum (other than display adverts), but I've had quite a few comments, feedback and questions about how I will handle adverts / members who are here for business reasons.

Also we need to make sure there is clarity for all members here and everyone can clearly see who is a business.

So here's some detail.

To promote your product or service here on the forum,
  • You must become a Trader. You'll notice a trader with the pink badge. The fee is £50 pcm.
  • You will be given your own sub forum to promote your product or service. Here you can create your own threads etc to promote your business.
  • You can participate in all of the forum but any product promotion needs to be done in your own correct section. There may be some exceptions to this.
  • Any trade, product or service adverts placed without trader status may be removed.
To upgrade to a Trader account, click here https://www.emtbforums.com/community/account/upgrades

This process ensures transparency for all members here. It will be clearly visible who is a trader, so all members can be aware who is promoting/selling a product or service.

Rob.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
So what do I do, I'm not here to promote a business or product but with working for a bike company I sometimes have input about products. Am i still allowed to say, "We sell these, or We will be at this or that event".

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So what do I do, I'm not here to promote a business or product but with working for a bike company I sometimes have input about products. Am i still allowed to say, "We sell these, or We will be at this or that event".
Of course :) The Trader profile is solely for business / product promotion members (who'se intent is to be here for their business)..

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So am I correct in saying that if you are advertising and selling your product through the forum, then you are a Trader, but if you work for a brand/manufacturer etc but are not actively selling your product on the forum then you are not?

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
So am I correct in saying that if you are advertising and selling your product through the forum, then you are a Trader, but if you work for a brand/manufacturer etc but are not actively selling your product on the forum then you are not?
Essentially anyone who is here mainly for business reasons will need to be a trader. So, for example, Joe Bloggs works for Trek, but is here as a regular member, not actively selling / promoting their product, that's totally fine.

Jack Bloggs has a cool new ebike pedal that's going to add 20Nm power to your ride... And is here to promote, sell and interact and talk about the product and its benefits - then Jack needs to become a Trader.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Hi Rob, thank you for the support in starting out Trail Watts. At this time, I will refrain from posting any sales/ details but answer any questions members have regarding Trail Watts. I hope this is acceptable.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
It is probably obvious but just to be sure, a private seller of for instance a used emtb does not need trader status, right? they should simply used the "bikes and parts for sale section", correct?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Hi Rob, thank you for the support in starting out Trail Watts. At this time, I will refrain from posting any sales/ details but answer any questions members have regarding Trail Watts. I hope this is acceptable.

Constantly posting testimonials isn’t really answering questions.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Please read latest post. Thank you for your support but as a small business £50 a month for 1 post regarding my system is not viable.

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Please read latest post. Thank you for your support but as a small business £50 a month for 1 post regarding my system is not viable.

But is not just one post though is it?
Over the past few months you advertised your product in here and you must of sold or gained allot of interest about it.
The right thing to do is to become a trader for few months and give something back to this great forum (y)
I see you're not a Patreon either! :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles