Fork Upgrade on my 2020 Moustache Samedi Game 6

Jocke250f

Oct 13, 2020
Stuttgart-Germany
Hi together, i'm planning to upgrade my fork to a Fox 38 Grip2. Of course i don't need it and the original Fox 36 Performance is quite capable, but coming from enduro/motocross riding i like a stiff feeling and it would upgrade my 2020 Game 6 more or less to the 2021 Game 8 (and is there a better way to spend money than on bikes ?). Can you help me with these points:

- i plan to go 170mm (original is 160). the 2021 Game has 170, so that should work (but i'm not 100% sure if the frame is exactly the same). In case the Geo doesnt't work, can i change travel to 160mm?

- there is an e-bike version of the 38, but i can find it only in 180mm. obviously the hardware is the same as the non-ebike 38, but the tune is different. Would you go for the ebike-version and change travel (if possible, see q1)

- Kashima or not: actually i like the look of the black stanchions (=performance elite) better, but when i spend that much money i want to go for the best, is there a noticable difference (probably more a "faith-based" question that i shouldn't ask)

- of course i try to convince myself that this is a reasonable thing to do, because i could reuse the fork on future bikes. But is this really an option - i have to cut the shaft and a new bike might have a different head tube length - what is your experience with that?

Thanks for your replies!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles