Levo SL Gen 1 Fork recommendations for turbo Levo SL

Housenotes

Aug 20, 2020
Missouri
I’m considering a rockshox lyric ultimate 150 mm 51 mm offset versus a fox factory 150 mm 51 mm offset. I weigh 170 pounds ride a lot of Rocky, Rooty trails. Coming off of a bike with an older rockshox fork I really liked the Smooth feel of the rockshox over this type of terrain. But I hear the fox with the new grip 2 damper is as good or maybe even better. I’m good with getting either fork just thought I’d get some opinions to see if anyone can sway me one way or the other. Thanks for any input.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I recently fitted a 160mm Lyric Ultimate to my Levo Comp...2021 model so includes the latest air spring upgrade and latest RC damper. I have never experienced a fork so plush and yet with good mid stroke support and bottom out ramp. I am 79kg and run with 65psi and whatever tokens are fitted as standard (2 I think). It is not e bike specific so I assume the tune on compression and rebound is medium. Go for it!!

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I'm looking at a Pike Ultimate in 160mm. I don't ride anything extreme so don't need a Lyrik, and I think the Pike will suit the bike and my riding better.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Lyric Ultimate 160mm 51mm for me too. Mine is the 2020 model, but I just upgraded it to the 2021 damper this week and am yet to ride it.
I’m about 85kg kitted up, and run it at 90psi with the standard tokens in.

It was super plush before the upgrade, so I’m looking forward to trying it with the new damper, as well as a new seal kit too (fitted whilst doing the upgrade).

Also fitted a 2021 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate with MegNeg too - which I’m yet to ride in anger. My first ‘gentle’ test ride at the weekend made the back end feel less like a bucking bronco than the original shock. Will hopefully get a better test this weekend!

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
RockShox ZEB Ultimate. Amazing fork and that's coming from a lifelong Fox fan, those Kashima legs are so sexy...

Not one for the weight weenies though!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Housenotes Before spending serious money on a new fork are you sure that you have got the best out of your existing excellent fork?

Consider borrowing, renting or even buying a Quark Shockwiz. It is a small device that connects to your fork (or shock). It is for air suspension only. It monitors the ever changing air pressure and guides you through the whole setup process. You ride the bike on your favourite trails and it gives advice when you have done enough for it to be confident about its tuning advice. You then implement the advice, use the push button reset and ride again. Brilliant!

I borrowed the Shockwiz because I was unhappy with my shock. But I started with the fork because it was easier to do and I thought it would be good practice. It turned out that the fork was pretty much bang on anyway. But I was surprised by the verdict on the shock. A lot more rebound damping than I would have thought was sensible, but hey it worked! (a bit embarrassed about that to be honest - why hadn't I discovered that by myself?)

So the fork was as good as it could get, but I still wasn't 100% happy, so I changed the Motion Control damper in the Revelation RC (Debonair) to a Charger 2.1. Immediately after that, I added one token to the shock as one last mod before I went MegNeg. But after the token, I decided it was not required because I was now happy with how the suspension was performing.

Housenotes

Aug 20, 2020
Missouri
Lyric Ultimate 160mm 51mm for me too. Mine is the 2020 model, but I just upgraded it to the 2021 damper this week and am yet to ride it.
I’m about 85kg kitted up, and run it at 90psi with the standard tokens in.

It was super plush before the upgrade, so I’m looking forward to trying it with the new damper, as well as a new seal kit too (fitted whilst doing the upgrade).

Also fitted a 2021 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate with MegNeg too - which I’m yet to ride in anger. My first ‘gentle’ test ride at the weekend made the back end feel less like a bucking bronco than the original shock. Will hopefully get a better test this weekend!
How about an update after the damper upgrade? Thanks

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
How about an update after the damper upgrade? Thanks
Had a few rides on the bike now with the upgrades, and it’s genuinely like riding a different bike.

It’s so much smoother to ride than it was, and the rear feels much less like a bucking bronco. The small bump sensitivity is on a different league to the stock DPS.

The Lyric doesn’t sit down a cm when resting on its own weight - and feels better too. I think that’s probably more to do with a service / new seal kit than the 2021 damper though.

Overall - really happy with the upgrades!

Housenotes

Aug 20, 2020
Missouri
Had a few rides on the bike now with the upgrades, and it’s genuinely like riding a different bike.

It’s so much smoother to ride than it was, and the rear feels much less like a bucking bronco. The small bump sensitivity is on a different league to the stock DPS.

The Lyric doesn’t sit down a cm when resting on its own weight - and feels better too. I think that’s probably more to do with a service / new seal kit than the 2021 damper though.

Overall - really happy with the upgrades!
Thanks for the update. Just got mine a couple days ago. Had the Lyric Ultimate added without the damper upgrade yet, but it feels pretty good! Overall, a very impressive bike! Love having a little advantage climbing out of the valleys, although I find myself riding it without help quite a bit as it feels very nimble and light! Still like to think I can ride an acoustic even though I've got help when I need/feel the urge to use it.

danf72

Jun 18, 2020
Berkshire
has anyone changed from a 51mm offset to a 44mm offset fork? Review?

YEP. Now running ZEB ultimates, 160mm travel and 44 offset. Feels 1000% more stable than the stock 34s. Hard to say if its the sole reason the steering feels a bit slower as I have also changed the stock stem to a 50mm length 35mm setup. All I know is I don't feel like the bike wants to kill me anymore.

JetSedgwick

E*POWAH Master
Aug 29, 2020
Lake Tahoe California
I'm thinking of going from my Lyrik 150mm, 51mm of offset to a Fox 170mm, 44mm offset. I live in CA and there are plenty of downhills that I'd like to be stable on.

I know this will slacken the bike...anyone want to tell me why I'm dumb? What am I overlooking?

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
has anyone changed from a 51mm offset to a 44mm offset fork? Review?

In a Lyrix a 29er will be a 42mm and a 27.5 will be 46mm. More stable at speed. A bit less at slow speeds. I have 2020 Pike Ultimate on my hardtail and a 2021 Lyrik Ultimate on my FS (both 46mm). Both are great but the Lyrik ultimate is something else. I went up 10mm but it feels far more than that and it locks onto the ground while being still super plush. I have a 160mm Lyrik Ultimate in 46mm coming for my eZesty.

Gordon

teapeaage

Jun 6, 2021
polandia
Hi! Looking for some info on how Fox 36 150mm with 44mm offset will perform on the Levo SL.. Any experiences from you guys? Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles