Fork Pressure

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Just changed the travel on my Zeb's, followed Rob's excellent video. Like Rob i've dropped from 170 to 160, would my preferred psi at 170 work the same at 160.
Obviously i'll find out when i ride it but just for initial setup i thought i'd check.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Your initial setup should be setting the sag right. After that adjust compression and rebound.
Then test ride it.
If you don't like it drop or increase pressure. Remember adjust rebound and compression after that.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
The issue with that is that when it was 170 at correct sag the fork was terrible, stiff and harsh how ever I set it up. I ended up running it with a lot less air in it and it was great at weekend so kind of wanted to keep that feel.
Anyway I put in the same psi and tried the 160 tonight. It was too soft so ended up with 10psi extra and it feels loads better and is super plush. Weirdly the whole fork feels better whatever I change so I assume I’ve inadvertently fixed something😀
I’ll try it out later this week at the correct sag to see how it feels. It felt awesome tonight but I didn’t get time to check the sag.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
It doesn't matter what your air pressure gauge says, It's all about getting the right percentage of sag on ALL air spring suspension. The extra knobs n dials are just little finishing touches to be done After you get the sag as you want it.

i dont want to teach grandma to suck eggs, but are you slowly compressing the fork a bit as you pump it up to get equalised air chambers? Or matbe you don't need to do that on a fancy Zeb🤔

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
The issue with that is that when it was 170 at correct sag the fork was terrible, stiff and harsh how ever I set it up. I ended up running it with a lot less air in it and it was great at weekend so kind of wanted to keep that feel.
Anyway I put in the same psi and tried the 160 tonight. It was too soft so ended up with 10psi extra and it feels loads better and is super plush. Weirdly the whole fork feels better whatever I change so I assume I’ve inadvertently fixed something😀
I’ll try it out later this week at the correct sag to see how it feels. It felt awesome tonight but I didn’t get time to check the sag.
Maybe you accidentally equalised air chambers :D
But as @apac wrote remember to do that maybe after every 50 psi

PAC

Feb 7, 2021
Billings, Montana, USA
Just changed the travel on my Zeb's, followed Rob's excellent video. Like Rob i've dropped from 170 to 160, would my preferred psi at 170 work the same at 160.
Obviously i'll find out when i ride it but just for initial setup i thought i'd check.
Do you have a link to the video?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles