Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
"We can also access remotely to our bikes"? Scary? In Andorra, they know all your movements :D

Well....the electronic is online via a SIM card, so we can track stolen bikes, get over-the-air software updates, upload stats, new features etc.

"Smart Dashboard is fully enabled for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ANT+, GPS and 4G – ready to communicate with almost any system – opening up a world of possibilities with its own internet connection. All in a super-efficient and low energy consumption package."

Source

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Why do I read the internet, each time it brings another crazy idea, even though I have the rise on preorder I’m still tempted to drop the £199 deposit and buy one of these, does anyone know if apps like Komoot would work on it, I’m guessing it has its own ecosystem so probably not but that really would gimme more to think about....I hate garmins but would prefer to stop needing my phone for the apps.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
... does anyone know if apps like Komoot would work on it...

You know what.....I've just asked Forestal this question and will update here when I have an answer.

I know the SmartDashboard is....Smart... :)
Even after delivery (which seems to be 2.week of june) the system will be updated with new features....so even if it's not supported out-of-the-box, it could arrive later.

I'm sure they will listen to forum demands/requests in their roadmaps.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
You know what.....I've just asked Forestal this question and will update here when I have an answer.

I know the SmartDashboard is....Smart... :)
Even after delivery (which seems to be 2.week of june) the system will be updated with new features....so even if it's not supported out-of-the-box, it could arrive later.

I'm sure they will listen to forum demands/requests in their roadmaps.

Out of interest what contact email are you using? I tried there form a couple times and nothings come back cheers

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england

Apparently In July they will have UK dealers but I imagine the RRP will go up a lot, atm you can get these for £5800 instead of £7044 but then there is customs and as much as I’d love to share @Zimmerframe optimism, I’m not sure a huge bike box is going to pass, these guys aren’t going to start sending them as gifts....

It’s not even as though we could work out a proxy service from someone in Andorra as there’s still 4.5% tax for them, then a fee/postage call it 10%, still be cheaper than the lottery I imagine, I’ve no idea what % is on £5800

BUT.....if you buy this bike now, the UK dealers come in, the bike increase in costs and then you would still break even if you managed to sell second hand potentially, just as long as the bike isn’t actually garbage that is! ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
It’s not even as though we could work out a proxy service from someone in Andorra as there’s still 4.5% tax for them, then a fee/postage call it 10%, still be cheaper than the lottery I imagine, I’ve no idea what % is on £5800
You'd still have to pay VAT and duty doing it that way.

You could order one for collection and export then drive out there go on a bike tour for a week. With a used bike in the boot of the car you'd probably escape customs charges and the saving would pay for the trip.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
You'd still have to pay VAT and duty doing it that way.

You could order one for collection and export then drive out there go on a bike tour for a week. With a used bike in the boot of the car you'd probably escape customs charges and the saving would pay for the trip.

That’s a bummer if your right, after reading the zero VAT advised on the order page I was hopeful for a minute and ever closer to biting, like 95% close.

Fuel would be £350, not sure on van transport, be a nice trip though must admit but if you pickup there’s a 4.5% charge to collect so £6157 + £350 + £250 (food, stuff xyz) = £6757 for 1000 miles vs getting hit on tax for £7125 (maybe more fees also?)...

A1B6C074-8D71-4CFE-B6EE-C52D662C87FB.jpeg

but would be one awesome trip, don’t think my other half would approve though since she doesn’t even know I’m buying a new bike yet ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Import duty on a whole eBike is 6%, VAT is 20% and is payable on the purchase price, and import duty, and shipping cost, and customs clearance fee.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Import duty on a whole eBike is 6%, VAT is 20% and is payable on the purchase price, and import duty, and shipping cost, and customs clearance fee.

Wonder if it’s business to business if it’s applicable if a VAT number is provided....failing that then we’re talking literally driving 1000 miles!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I’ve heard reports of people buying bikes and not being hit with anything, it simply just arrived as If by magic! ?

But that’s the lottery, seems come July things will be much tighter and that’s the current advised window if you place an order now, the rest are June....

Bernd

Mar 31, 2021
Heidenheim, Germany
I thought about picking up the siryon in andorra for a long time. I don't do it, the risk of being checked by the customs authorities on the return journey via france is too high for me. Petrol costs for 1,900 km, motorway tolls in Switzerland and France, overnight stays - in the end there are no big savings left.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I thought about picking up the siryon in andorra for a long time. I don't do it, the risk of being checked by the customs authorities on the return journey via france is too high for me. Petrol costs for 1,900 km, motorway tolls in Switzerland and France, overnight stays - in the end there are no big savings left.

well you don’t bring back a new bike do you, you ride the mountains abit get it dirty, stick in a van under lots of other items and drive home.....what are the odds they even know what a forestal bike is or some tax heaven aliens build space bikes in Andorra? ?

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
@carlbiker have you ordered one yet?

not yet, trying to find a way to get it without getting hit by customs, if they could deliver in June I’d order now but there saying July and it seems things might be tightening up abit:

• From July 2021: importers of all goods will have to make customs’ declarations and pay relevant tariffs & duties. Full safety and security declarations will be required - and physical checks on animals, plants and their products will intensify.
But then after UK retailers sell the bikes July onwards they will surely add on the VAT so nows the best time to have a punt and slap some cash down....

They also don’t have any to collect until July or I’d have arranged to meet @Zimmerframe to shred (more like get shredded) in the mountains somewhere on our new Siryons

I have an order of tyres, shockwiz etc coming next week so I’ll see if im to get bummed a little or not

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
not yet, trying to find a way to get it without getting hit by customs, if they could deliver in June I’d order now but there saying July and it seems things might be tightening up abit:

• From July 2021: importers of all goods will have to make customs’ declarations and pay relevant tariffs & duties. Full safety and security declarations will be required - and physical checks on animals, plants and their products will intensify.
But then after UK retailers sell the bikes July onwards they will surely add on the VAT so nows the best time to have a punt and slap some cash down....

They also don’t have any to collect until July or I’d have arranged to meet @Zimmerframe to shred (more like get shredded) in the mountains somewhere on our new Siryons
Come and do the Trans Savoie and pick it up!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oh now that looks pretty epic!! I need to do this I think although it says the rides are designed to work in eco mode. That said at 17kg should be alright to pedal (in an emergency ?)
Everything I've seen says it still makes 1000+ Meters. It's all relative. Anyone on a Levo will be given "depannage" (recovery) licences to tow anyone else out for €20 :)

I'd say the cheapest way is to get it vaccinated for rabies and just bring it through like that.

Your more than welcome to stop here on the way or way back if that helps you. We can certainly make sure your bike doesn't look new if you sop here on the way back - though I suspect it's a de-tour which would add several hours on an already long trip. Though I think it's shorter for you lot to drive to the TS than it is for me.

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Everything I've seen says it still makes 1000+ Meters. It's all relative. Anyone on a Levo will be given "depannage" (recovery) licences to tow anyone else out for €20 :)

I'd say the cheapest way is to get it vaccinated for rabies and just bring it through like that.

Your more than welcome to stop here on the way or way back if that helps you. We can certainly make sure your bike doesn't look new if you sop here on the way back - though I suspect it's a de-tour which would add several hours on an already long trip. Though I think it's shorter for you lot to drive to the TS than it is for me.

Oh no silly, the obvious option would be to meet when you buy yours also ???

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That's two weeks old, they need to poach someone from the Spesh marketing team!
Looks like they stole half a frame designer from there and definitely their guy who invented the geometry based minimum pricing model - seat tube angle * wheel base = € Start price. I'd guess also the lady from the creative pricing department .. make your Enduro model look cheap by pricing the lower spec trail version at the same price.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles