Forestal Siryon 2021 Edition One - Owners Thread

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
Has Anyone with a Siryon measured seatpost insertion by chance?

Like how deep a seat post on a size Large can be inserted before bottoming out.

Probably going to get the Siryon and the seatpost insertion is a hesitation I have as I've seen photos with guys on Larges running a 125mm dropper, which is very concerning.

Please advise, or just share any info you have on this topic.

Thanks

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Per an email I just had with them.

I also sent an email saying I could not locate them online.

Will update when I hear back.
I've emailed twice asking about the range extender, no reply. RE is a must have for me so find it annoying that I get no response. Checking with WWC.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA

Probably going to get the Siryon and the seatpost insertion is a hesitation I have as I've seen photos with guys on Larges running a 125mm dropper, which is very concerning.

Thanks
Big concern I was not aware of. Kenevo SL's IMO don't allow enough insertion on smaller sizes, S2, S3 is what I've seen.

UncledeanXC

Oct 11, 2022
Washington
FWIW: I ran a 210mm One up on a size medium without issue.
Had ~25mm between the rubber seat binder seal and dropper collar.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor

Thanks
Can't say about the Siryon, but I rode a Medium Cyon with a 150mm AXS dropper. I had to remove the rubber collar and slammed it, but it went in right up to the post collar. At 5'6" and with a 29" inside leg, it was perfect. If I hadn't been able to remove that collar, it would have been 5mm shy of perfect!

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
All good news.

Forestal posted an employee's lightweight Cyon and they listed the dropper as a 125mm on a Large and it looked slammed. That really concerned me! I simply could not ride the things I do with this (low) talent level on a short dropper as I run a 200mm now and love it.

Looks like it's not an issue, however.

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I will say that I should not have posted the frame only info because now people have e-mailed WW asking questions and if that got back to Forestal, it might interfere with some sort of exclusive agreement or something.

They didn't tell me they were just doing this for me, but I sure hope I didn't blow it.

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Anyone running a direct mount chain ring...was wondering if the Hope Shimano DM is compatible?

Screenshot_20230306-103619.png

Suns_PSD

Jul 12, 2022
Austin
I think this is a beautiful bike, with amazing geo, and now many are priced really well. Also apparently a frame only version is being released soon so that's awesome.

After asking so many questions about this product I decided to go with the Transition Relay (and couldn't be any happier) for the following reasons:

1) it appears, and the geo says, that it has very poor seat post insertion, in spite of some claims from users.
2) battery is known to run out quickly, like really quickly.
3) motor apparently delivers too much power even in the low setting
4) rear suspension leverage ratio is not very progressive, and I typically bottom these suspension designs out often
5) I don't like the computer and the fact that complaints about how it works are nearly constant it should just go away
6) The motor is known to be loud. this is a big one for me as incognito is important to me

I hope everyone really enjoys their Forestals and the tips above are the things that I hope that Forestal takes to heart for the next version.

I also think the Siryon could be a positively insane lightweight Enduro pedal bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles