Forestal Bikes - New EMTB brand for Cedric Garcia?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Interesting - seems like new bikes hitting the market every week now. Definitely some crazy stuff going on with that frame.

Cedric Gracia Joins Startup Forestal Bikes! Another e-MTB brand? -

stw-2019-04-08-forestral-ebike.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The frame appears to be two halves bolted together , similar to a Pole. The open head tube makes me wonder if it is an adjustable test mule.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I really like the look of the bike, purely form an aesthetic viewpoint. Interesting to see what is going on with the rear linkage/swing arm

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I really like the look of the bike, purely form an aesthetic viewpoint. Interesting to see what is going on with the rear linkage/swing arm

I’ve always loved that Orange single pivot approach (the look and the sheer practicality in the muddy UK) but will be interesting to see the twist they’ve added with the linkage.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Haha... gotta love Cedric for still pretending to like Panaracer tyres after all these years.

yeuk! at that horrible single pivot swingarm. He did do rather well racing and freeriding on some other brands horrible single pivot bikes a few decades ago. infact most of his racing career he showed us it's the rider and not the bike that matters. ;)

I'd guess he has a rather large interest in this company.

;)

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Yeah, 350Wh battery, own motor.

Re: Vinka. If I was a Far Eastern motor manufacturer I’d manufacture a bolt and wiring compatible replacement motor for Shimano based bikes.

That way they could release into the upgrade market and some OEMs might not to retool.

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
I saw the test site before they shut it down again. It does seem a little bit too good to be true tbh but it will certainly shake things up if nothing else.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I am very interested, if Specilized had made a Levo SL Evo I would have bought it, and this pretty much fills that kind of space.
Surely they have already made an Evo version? I mean why wouldn’t they? Just like they did with the Kenevo they will just make a slacked out longer travel version.
Well I’m hoping anyway, that along with 4 x rider input and I’m sold!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am sure they will bring out a longer travel/slacker geo version of the SL, but no sign of it yet

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I don't understand one part of the suspension .. what are the extra double hinged bits in yellow which seem to serve no purpose ? If the shock is attached at the top and the hinge is at the bottom - the other parts just seem to be unnecessary floppy about bits ???

Siryon.gif

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 5.44.04 PM.png

Smart of them to up the voltage beyond 36v ala Rocky Mtn. but 51v is a strange number. 48v at FSOC is 54.6v so it does pass by there on the way to cutoff. A 52v battery at FSOC is 58.8v and will also bleed down to 51v eventually.

Whatever, it looks like a very smart machine.....and Cedric's a cool dude and I wish him the best....

MarkR

Mar 12, 2020
UK
I
Surely they have already made an Evo version? I mean why wouldn’t they? Just like they did with the Kenevo they will just make a slacked out longer travel version.
Well I’m hoping anyway, that along with 4 x rider input and I’m sold!
Adding slacker geo would suggest a heavier fork, and 4x rider assist means the bigger battery/motor. That space is probably going to be filled with a new Kenevo, not something built around the new SL motor.

I am very interested, if Specilized had made a Levo SL Evo I would have bought it, and this pretty much fills that kind of space.

Reactions: CjP

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
what are the extra double hinged bits in yellow which seem to serve no purpose ?
linkages.
If the shock is attached at the top and the hinge is at the bottom
there are multiple "hinges" attached together. The lower linkage is attached to the swing arm and the upper link and the shock is attached to the top linkage via a yoke.
- the other parts
The parts I've just explained to you have been designed to work together to give the bike/shock it's optimum leverage curve throughout it's rear wheel travel.
just seem to be unnecessary floppy about bits ???
floppy bits are rarely unnecessary. ;)

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I

Adding slacker geo would suggest a heavier fork, and 4x rider assist means the bigger battery/motor. That space is probably going to be filled with a new Kenevo, not something built around the new SL motor.

I rode a 20kg alu comp SL on mainly turbo with 20% of it in trail and got 25km just on the main battery. Most of my rides are between 25 to 35km. An Evo version with slightly more torque or assist wouldn’t drain that much more power and if I had to run the bottle batteries to get more range I’d be ok with that. The fact that you can pedal these bikes with the motor off or strip out the internal batteries altogether for shuttle days is awesome.
The Levo SL for me as it, is just not enough of a bike to keep me happy. It was great to throw around though, even the 20kg version I rode was a blast.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles