Ford Transit Custom

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Thanks Paul

It's the BikeStow available at the website below, at first they look expensive but once you have one, it's so easy and quick to use and extremely well made, I'm very happy with it.

Gallery — BikeStow

Nice idea but it looks like a sheet of plywood, some artful cutting and a couple of hinges could accomplish the same thing if you are a cheap arse like myself.....

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I love a transit, & keep considering one ( or a Tourneo) as my main car, loads of space in the back & driving position is brilliant for today’s congested traffic. Several of my friends have vans for work or ppl carrier alternatives & from them I’ve observed: Long wheel base is a must if you want 5/6 seats & a decent storage space. Security should be a high priority & as much as I love a transit , their security is well documented as pathetic & yet ford have done nothing to improve it. You think the transit would be reliable being the market leader but this is far from the case. Out of all the vans my friend have owned, fords have been the worst for reliablilty & the owners admit they won’t be buying another. The Vito is the fastest, the vivaro the most reliable, the T5 for looks & resale value. Fiat are the ugly sister of the van world, cheap as chips but the engine will still be going long after everyone else (& maybe the rest of the van)

G-Bru

Jan 8, 2019
United Kingdom
Hey Rob, as you're not too far from me (I am in Mychett/Ash Vale), why not pop over and take a look at my Custom to get an idea of what it's like to own. Long wheel base, double cab, 170 Auto.
bb657509-016d-425e-870e-b6922b5dc91d.JPG

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Didn't hold back then Rob! Tasty - EMTB Forums wrap? Sure the Mrs would love that :p

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Didn't hold back then Rob! Tasty - EMTB Forums wrap? Sure the Mrs would love that :p
Ha! I did look at the wrap costs, they’re incredibly high.

Actually ordered a new one back in Jan but with everything going on went for a 17 plate and saved a bit of money (and time waiting for the big ordering delays).

This ones the Kombi, surprisingly easy to remove the rear seats, no tools they just lift out.

Plan is to drive it and bikes etc to E- EWS races this year if they are on.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Ha! I did look at the wrap costs, they’re incredibly high.

Actually ordered a new one back in Jan but with everything going on went for a 17 plate and saved a bit of money (and time waiting for the big ordering delays).

This ones the Kombi, surprisingly easy to remove the rear seats, no tools they just lift out.

Plan is to drive it and bikes etc to E- EWS races this year if they are on.
Yup they are big £££ for a Kombi, and the one you got certainly doesn't need it - looking forward to seeing it in person one day! I need to up my van game!

pgtips

Patreon
Jun 3, 2018
Somerset
Ahh nice! It’s had a REVO map, I was looking at the Pendle too. Would have taken you up on that offer!
Ah no problem mate. Revo is not too bad. Enjoy the van they are great. I had a 2.5 T5 factory Kombi which we end up with 265bhp 620 Nm torque few years back. It was a beast and allot of fun to drive.
Now I drive a 2019 Custom sport Kombi fully loaded. The bike just fits in the back which is all that I wanted.

bikevan.jpg
van.jpg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You've got time and skills ... can't you just work with what you have to hand ?

View attachment 29251
Alas the lease on my Smart runs out this month, so I need another vehicle, but will prob hold off till after we get a handle on Coronavirus as just not using a car at all right now. Giving the car back to smart is proving a nightmare though, as all shut down

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Alas the lease on my Smart runs out this month, so I need another vehicle, but will prob hold off till after we get a handle on Coronavirus as just not using a car at all right now.
Just make sure you start to charge them rent for storing it when it does run out ;):LOL:

Fatbap

Feb 15, 2020
Rhondda south wales
As a car technician for over 20year if I was to buy a van I’d get a older t4 as the older 1.9tdi is a good engine biggest issue is rust the newer t5s are ok if u have the 2.0 sill not without their problems an the 2.5 is junk sorry to anyone how owns 1 but they are. Vivaros especially m9r engines are shit same for the Renault traffic. New transits ain’t the best lots of common problems. Basically all new vehicles are not that great there is far to much crap fitted to them quality of parts is junk. But that’s just my opinion. Pay ur money an take ur chance that’s what I say go with what u like
fc16c180-ac7a-4c6b-92ff-69672923a1af.jpg

9f44e524-fa35-4090-9bc5-bbe59bea3cf1.jpg

My work horse lol this 1 I have had for 11yrs she is now on 250k an still going very strong

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Kombi and a Levo? You've gone peak trail Centre Rider mate... :ROFLMAO:

All you need is a Santa Cruz Heckler and you'd qualify for a designated parking spot at Peaslake!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I bought a T5 Shuttle...2.5 motor 130 psi..brand new in 2006. Used for windsurfing and mtb. It has been flawless apart from a water pump replacement which was done early on under warranty.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Judging by the bling new motor he's got the latter.

D

Deleted member 7464

I did the back of my custom crewcab 2 carry both our levos and kit. The bar holds both wheels so they cant fall over and damage the bikes, also I've made the mounts so that the bikes don't get mud all over the van except the floor

IMG_20200301_083333.jpg

IMG_20200229_142647.jpg

IMG_20200301_083302.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles