Review Forcefield Pro Shirt XV

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ok, so after @carlbiker 's comments on the Forcefield, I've taken a step back and re-evaluated from a less rose tinted want it to be perfect view point and fell back to my normal hypercritical miserable b4stard review persona ...

The sizing is definitely off for some reason.

I messed around with the shoulders and compared them to 12 other tops - as you've said they move around if you tug them in all directions - not acceptable !

The Elbows .. tried them on a ride and wore a none breathable jacket to get them hot ... they didn't form up sufficiently. Buckets they stayed. My subconscious obviously got used to them and accepted them previously - but they're not good when it comes down to it.

The FF armour, I like .. the fit and the "shell" doesn't work well though. I suspect if you were significantly bigger built, they'd be a better fit- be that from hard work down the gym or hard work in the bar and fish and chip shop - or a combination of the two.

Tried the TLD7855 again - it's great .. simple as . Even punched the crap out of the armour and it still impresses for thin twin density foam.

Then tried the Racer with the TLD5955 over the top - works really well as a combination. Everything lines up well. Removed the silly flappy bit of the bottom of the TLD5955 as you don't need it with other armour underneath. Sits better over the Racer than it does over the TLD7855 with all the neck brace sections removed. Went riding again, felt really mobile. Was nice.

Last edited:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Ok, so after @carlbiker 's comments on the Forcefield, I've taken a step back and re-evaluated from a less rose tinted want it to be perfect view point and fell back to my normal hypercritical miserable b4stard review persona ...

The sizing is definitely off for some reason.

I messed around with the shoulders and compared them to 12 other tops - as you've said they move around if you tug them in all directions - not acceptable !

The Elbows .. tried them on a ride and wore a none breathable jacket to get them hot ... they didn't form up sufficiently. Buckets they stayed. My subconscious obviously got used to them and accepted them previously - but they're not good when it comes down to it.

The FF armour, I like .. the fit and the "shell" doesn't work well though. I suspect if you were significantly bigger built, they'd be a better fit- be that from hard work down the gym or hard work in the bar and fish and chip shop - or a combination of the two.

Tried the 7855 again - it's great .. simple as . Even punched the crap out of the armour and it still impresses for thin twin density foam.

Then tried the Racer with the 5955 over the top - works really well as a combination. Everything lines up well. Removed the silly flappy bit of the bottom of the 5955 as you don't need it with other armour underneath. Sits better over the Racer than it does over the 7855 with all the neck brace sections removed. Went riding again, felt really mobile. Was nice.
Remind me which tops the 5955 and 7855 are cheers

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Remind me which tops the 5955 and 7855 are cheers
Ooops .. Sorry, I forgot you're not a complete armour junkie yet :)

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Ooops .. Sorry, I forgot you're not a complete armour junkie yet :)

oh, yes I recall the nipples and lack of back protection xyz.....otherwise great but seems there’s no perfect option.....I need to inspect the armours of the racer v demon v Scott to see what can upgrade to CE2 then ping Moto.de and see what they have

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles